Minimum age on arrival:
- For Contemporary Ballet, Street & Club Dances, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre Dance: 16 years of age on arrival.
- For Art of Photographing Dance: 18 years of age on arrival; however ages 16-17 will be considered under special circumstances. If you are in this group, please contact us: [email protected] or 413.243.9919 x168.
- For Choreography Fellows Program: most selected will be 22-34 years of age; though choreographers entering the field later in their career will be considered as well.
Being physically fit on arrival is necessary for the rigor and intensity required by both Program and Festival schedules. If there is any reason you cannot fully participate, speak to the Director of The School at Jacob’s Pillow immediately.
- Dancers and choreographers need to be socially mature, technically advanced, and have the stamina for at least eight hours of intensive training per day, plus an additional four to six hours per evening of Festival events or program rehearsal sessions, six days per week.
- Photographers must be prepared for ten hour days of workshop sessions, photo shoots, editing, sharing work, and attending Festival events, for the duration of the program.
Accepted participants must complete a confidential medical history form, with immunization records and noting any conditions that could interfere with full program participation.
Program Tuition Fee balances must be paid in full no later than three weeks from invoice date or arrival date, whichever comes first. If you need a payment plan, please speak to the School Programs Manager immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students and encourages and supports diversity in all programs.
Artist Faculty are subject to change.
Refunds are granted for medical conditions only, with a physician’s note. Refund schedule: 80% if withdrawal notification is received by three weeks prior to arrival; 60% by one week prior to arrival; 30% by the third program day; and none possible thereafter.
Your questions and feedback are welcome; please contact us at [email protected] or 413.243.9919 x168.