Jacob’s Pillow is seeking a full-time Assistant Database & Systems Administrator to support the Tessitura platform and the IT function at Jacob’s Pillow. This work includes additional database administration on the Salesforce platform and integration with other Software as a Service applications. Additional responsibilities may include supporting the IT infrastructure and systems integration in collaboration with Managed Service Providers and Pillow staff departments. This position is entry-level to intermediate, with many opportunities to acquire advanced skills in database administration.
- Perform selected system administration tasks under the direction of the Director of Systems
- Perform data quality improvement tasks under the direction of the Director of Systems/Database Administrator; utilizing advanced tools, involving field-level editing as well as system-wide data integrity checks
- Complete system testing scenarios and other duties as assigned related to the Tessitura (enterprise CRM database) implementation project
- Provide in-process training and support to end-users
- Create training materials and job aids
- Develop knowledge of the business/database operations of each department and work collaboratively with staff to enhance their use of the database systems, including inter-departmental operations
- Contribute to technical system documentation and operating procedures
- Facilitate generation of lists, reports, and ad hoc queries to support departments
- Assist with business process redesign initiatives
- Develop familiarity with several database management systems in use at the Pillow apart from Tessitura and Salesforce
- Support users “at-the-elbow” as needed for miscellaneous IT support and troubleshooting
- Support management of telephone, radio, network, and mobile resources, as well as desktops and servers, in conjunction with third-party Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Access and Google G-Suite applications
- Ability to work with agility in a fast-paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with complexity, systems thinking, process thinking, lists, and data elements
- Experience with Tessitura
- Experience with SQL Server or similar platform
- Training experience: providing and developing
- Technical writing experience
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Assistant Database & Systems Administrator” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.