Jacob’s Pillow seeks an Assistant to the Director & Board Liaison to join the Company Management team and work closely with/report directly to the Director of Jacob’s Pillow. This position supports the Director in coordinating schedules, travel, logistics, hospitality, and special events on her behalf and in conjunction with other staff as appropriate. As the board liaison, the position sends all board-related communications and organizes board and committee meetings, records, and events, working closely with the Deputy Director and Director of Philanthropic Engagement. Additionally, this position will serve as a curatorial assistant to the Director and Associate Producer and coordinate the pipeline for artists being considered for presentation including providing research assistance, with a focus on artists being considered for presentation in the Inside/Out Performance Series. This position will also be considered a member of the company management team and will take on special assignments as time allows.
Assistant to the Director:
- Coordinate the Director’s calendar and travel arrangements.
- Organize and maintain the Director’s files.
- Write, organize, and maintain correspondence – personally and on behalf of others.
- Coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the Director.
- Help maintain the organization’s Master Calendar and other organizational planning calendars.
- Scribe full-staff and department head’s meetings, and work with Deputy Director on logistics.
- Provide hospitality for Director’s guests.
- Provide assistance with expense tracking, submission of receipts, and travel reimbursements for the Director.
- Assist with logistics for, and preparation of organization-wide meetings, orientation, and events as needed.
- Duties and special projects as assigned.
- Manage logistics for all Board and Committee meetings, including serving as the go-to person for Board members for administrative questions, and communicating to Directors, department heads, and philanthropic engagement staff on a regular basis.
- Scribe for all Board meetings and Board committee meetings.
- Maintain Board files.
- Manage Board contact updates in all databases, and Board manual.
- Prepare routine Board communications and updates.
- Assist with event coordination as it relates to the Board of Trustees.
- Process all Board ticket orders for the duration of the year.
Program/Company Management Assistant:
- Act as a programming research assistant to the Associate Producer and Director.
- Organize and respond to artists’ submissions.
- View and evaluate artist submissions for the Inside/Out Performance Series including attending the Association of Performing Arts Presenters Conference in New York, in January 2020.
- Serve on curatorial team that finalizes the Inside/Out Performance Series.
- Serve on the creative team for programming the Festival and other special projects.
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Fellow, coordinate all aspects of Community Day including evaluating artists to perform.
- Act as project lead for specific initiatives.
- Assist Company Management with the coordination of artist logistics year-round as assigned.
- Provide hospitality to visiting artists and logistical support year-round as assigned.
- Assist in processing contracts and paperwork for artists.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Two years of administrative experience, preferably in a cultural institution
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be helpful and adjust priorities in a moment’s notice
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office software applications and customer and/or fundraising databases
- Must have a dance background
Skills & Qualities
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] with “Assistant to the Director & Board Liaison” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.