Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Box Office Associate to join the Patron Services Department for the 2021 Festival season and work closely with/report directly to the Patron Services Manager. This position is responsible for processing ticket orders in person and over the phone and providing information about performances and events to patrons. 15-40 hours per week.
- Sell tickets to performances using Tessitura ticketing software
- Assist customers in making educated Pillow performance choices
- Provide patrons with information about Jacob’s Pillow
- Update and correct patron data in Tessitura as needed
- 1 year of relevant customer service and cash handling experience
- Experience with the Tessitura software is a plus
- Excellent customer service experience, preferably in a performing arts environment
- Accuracy in processing transactions
- Comfortable using Google Suite: calendar, drive, mail, etc.
- A working knowledge of computers: Microsoft Office Suite & typing skills
- Must possess strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be detail and task-oriented
Skills & Qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort using technology
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment
Days and hours of work are Tuesday through Sunday, 10:45 AM to 7 PM Eastern, varying based on schedule. Weekend work will likely be required with possible rotation.
$15/hour, less tax withholdings payable on a biweekly disbursement schedule; includes technology fee for using personal computer and telephone during off-site sales.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Box Office Associate” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies. No phone inquiries, please.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction. If you are considered for the position onsite, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is an hourly, seasonal position beginning May 26, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.