This summer, Jacob’s Pillow will mount its first multi-platform festival with both in-person and digital offerings including OTT (over-the-top) digital live streams and on-demand performances (three-camera live performance shoots post-produced for deferred premiere release dates); PillowTalks (scholarly presentation content); artist interviews; special events; and interactive Families Dance Together classes, among other offerings. The Digital Media Manager will oversee interdepartmental collaboration of digital media and manage uploading, managing, and publishing workflow of Jacob’s Pillow’s 2021 Virtual Festival, reporting to the Producing Director (or Interim Producing Director).
Manage digital product production and coordinate digital asset distribution across the team ensuring that all content (both marketing assets and content products) intended for the Pillow’s digital platforms is successfully realized and distributed. The Digital Media Manager is the key communicator across the team to share progress on the development of each Digital Product.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as content production and distribution liaison to Video, Production, Marketing, and Archives
- Managing the production and distribution timelines for each Digital Product, executing distribution consistent with Production’s content release calendar (Executing distribution of Digital Marketing Assets consistent with Marketing’s content marketing calendar)
- Serving as primary communicator to Nel Shelby Productions (NSP, onsite video production company) to coordinate artist and staff filming and post-production schedules, making sure internal and external artistic stakeholders stay on schedule for reviewing drafts
- Managing Digital Product rights clearances including music clearances
- Adding closed captioning
- Assembling credits
- Ensuring that fundraising information is included and correct for each Digital Product
- When complete, uploading all digital content assets to the Pillow’s online video platform for distribution to various platforms, and managing content within the Pillow’s OTT video platform service (including all content tagging, territory blocking, release scheduling, etc.)
- Managing Festival’s live Zoom events (including meet ups with the artists in the event of performance rain cancellations; donor gatherings; Families Dance Together classes; Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion Institute; Dance Education Laboratory workshops)
- Managing digital special events (projects that take place solely online or relate to an in-person event)
- Serving as liaison between NSP and The School for livestream of School performances and gatherings
- Managing file sharing and final export sharing among departments (including Google Drives and Dropbox)
- Ensuring consistent and strong digital asset management including managing file naming conventions, overseeing file organization, and ingesting final content into the Archives workflow
- Monitoring metrics of campaign and distribution effectiveness consistent with Marketing’s asset-by-asset audience targets and leadership team’s articulated Digital Product content objectives
- Take on special projects as assigned
- B.A. in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing complex projects and coordinating a team of people to realize them
- High proficiency and fluency in content production, uploading, transcoding, distribution, and metrics tracking workflows
- Ability to work with people of diverse identities and backgrounds and excellent cultural competency skills
- Commitment to real-time responsiveness and resilience during time-sensitive project workflows both on-site and remotely, and to respond gracefully to occasional last-minute curveballs
- Ability to communicate with clarity, patience, and friendliness, particularly during technology glitches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and tracking systems
- Experience in an arts environment supporting digital programming
- Knowledge of video editing and graphic design
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] with “Digital Media Manager” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a full-time seasonal position from April through June, with the possibility of year-round full-time appointment beginning in September.
April 1 through May 31 remote; June 1 through August 31 onsite.
Please scroll down to read important information regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols for on-site positions.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.