Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Director of Facilities to join the year-round operations and work closely with other senior staff and the Deputy Director to maintain the entire physical plant, support all artistic programming, and develop a sustainable plan as the organization grows and expands.
The Jacob’s Pillow campus consists of 39 buildings on 220 acres in the rural town of Becket, MA, including two theaters, and support buildings, five studios, four former single-family homes, multiple dormitory-style residential units, some of which are seasonal, administrative buildings, a warehouse, a large septic system with leach fields, three restaurant facilities, and a 900 seat outdoor amphitheater/stage built into a wooded hillside. The Director of Facilities is responsible for upkeep, cleaning, operations, security and maintenance for all, as well as coordinating with third-party service technicians, and maintenance of support facilities and parking lots.
- Direct and Manage the day to day Facilities work
- Create and Manage facility budgets for annual operations and capital projects
- Ensure successful, cost-effective application of human, physical, and technical resources
- Ensure all permits and inspections are secured in compliance with legal requirements. (fire suppression, building codes, water, and waste management, etc)
- Provide expertise and management oversight for the building, renovation, maintenance, cleaning, and repair of all buildings, grounds, and facilities
- Procure and maintain all facilities equipment and vehicles
- Plan and evaluate all aspects of physical plant including coordination of accessibility measures
- Manage and implement the Systems Replacement Plan
- Plan and implement sustainable practices
- Assist in emergency response strategies
- Create “red books” and documentation of all procedures, infrastructure systems, and building conditions for the department and senior management
- Train staff on Safety Procedures
- On-call for emergencies
- Participate with other department heads in discussions involving strategic planning and general operations and management
- Staff the Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees with Director of Technical Production
- Five to seven years of senior-level facilities maintenance or related experience
- Excellent Project Management skills and supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of building trades, codes and fire and safety regulations
- Construction Supervisor’s License
Skills & Qualities
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral and written communication skills by conveying information effectively.
- Ability to solve problems in a strategic and tactical manner and use good judgment in making decisions
- Utilizes effective time-management skills.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and flexible
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Director of Facilities” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.