Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Master Electrician Apprentice to join the Production Department and report directly to the Doris Duke Theatre Production Manager. The Master Electrician Apprentice is expected to be able to function independently on projects under his or her direct supervision as well as assist the Doris Duke Theatre Production Manager in the day-to-day operations of the production department, maintain a safe and healthy work environment, and coordinate technical resources related to the production of festival performances and special events.
- Assist the Production Manager with artist production needs; maintaining early and constant communication with the Director of Technical Production regarding coordination of artists’ requirements and festival resources
- Coordinating the scheduling of production intern rotation and all crew calls, including load-ins, load- outs, extended rehearsals or performance calls, notes, and changeovers
- Training production interns in their specific duties and offer advice and guidance towards the completion of the assigned tasks
- Assisting festival and artist’s production staff during load-in, rehearsals, performance calls, load-outs and changeovers
- Assisting with the seasonal opening and closing of the Festival’s performance spaces, studios, exhibition spaces, and temporary tents
- Overseeing safe operation and daily maintenance of the festival stage systems, including supervision of Production interns in the safe use of rigging, electrics, stage hardware, ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Overseeing the maintenance of a well-lighted environment for all areas of the indoor performance spaces including FOH and dressing rooms
- Assisting House Manager in the efficient movement of patrons into the venues and coordinating with backstage personnel on starting times, late seating pauses, intermissions, etc.
- Under the general direction of the Director of Technical Production, assisting with coordination of emergency response for staff and patrons in the event of an emergency or extreme weather
- Completion of Adult/Child CPR and First Aid Training (provided to all seasonal staff prior to Festival)
- Mentor and train Production Apprentices and Interns in riggings, tools, safety, and general theater operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience including college degree in theatre or minimum of 4 years of related experience in Production and theatrical lighting.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment
- Strong working knowledge and comfort with the use of Vectorworks, Lightwright, ETC ION Console
- Strong attention to detail and proactive monitoring of processes with excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under a deadline, and work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to Vincent Vigilante, [email protected], with “Master Electrician Apprentice” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a seasonal, full-time position: May 4, 2020, through September 5, 2020
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.