Jacob’s Pillow seeks a seasonal Graphic Designer to join the Marketing department and report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications. This position is entrusted with maintaining and moving forward the Pillow’s strong brand and visual identity. Responsibilities include creation in the direction and design of all print & digital design collateral, and managing the creative production of large design projects.
- Oversee direction and design of all creative print collateral for
- The Festival, in collaboration with the Festival Artists, Curatorial Team, and
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow, including visual branding and identity
- Development, including appeals materials, invitations, and Member materials
- Community Engagement, in collaboration with the Director, including collateral for all community programs and events
- Oversee direction and design of all print and digital advertising, including signage and Google ad suites
- Oversee the design direction of website updates and pages, especially graphic and aesthetic elements, ensuring consistency with the Pillow brand
- Assist the Social Media, Email, and Website teams as needed with graphics needs
- Develop basic templates for staff use when needed
- Manage all on-site signage including weekly changing bulletin boards, digital bright signs, and additional signage as needed
Creative Project Management
- Oversee in-house creative timelines; assisting Marketing Team with identifying pre-creative deadlines
- Manage creative calendar to streamline production and identify times with capacity or potential conflicts
- Manage printer relations, obtain quotes as needed, and identify potential cost savings
- Handle materials production through printing and distribution; administrate delivery of materials to appropriate department, vendors, mail-house, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Marketing, or related field
- 3 years+ professional design experience
- Advanced knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere), font management, and photo archiving systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Management experience
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience with social media platforms, social media advertising, WordPress
Skills & Qualities
- Deep knowledge of branding and marketing techniques
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of or interest in dance or the performing arts, a plus
To Apply: Open to receiving proposals from independent consultants and design firms. Please email cover letter, resume, digital portfolio, and references to [email protected] with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This full-time seasonal position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but is expected to become an on-site position in summer. During the weeks of the annual summer Festival, Jacob’s Pillow operates on a six-day workweek.
Please scroll down to read important information regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols for on-site positions.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.