Jacob’s Pillow is seeking a part-time Groundskeeper to maintain and improve the landscapes around campus grounds, buildings and facilities in a clean and orderly fashion by:
- Keeping the grass cut, maintaining gravel pathways
- Collecting trash and litter on the grounds
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf, and irrigation on campus, and at surrounding buildings
- Fertilizing lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch
- Trimming trees, hedges and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds
- Raking and picking up leaves
- Clearing gravel out of grass and replacing gravel in pathways
- Maintaining lawnmowers and other groundskeeping tools
- Plowing, shoveling and removing snow
- Keeping walkways from becoming slippery during the rain
- Spotting and reporting other potential hazards around the campus to the Director of Facilities
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and visitors to the campus
- Valid driver’s license
- At least one year experience in maintenance or a skilled trade
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with Groundskeeper in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a part-time seasonal position. Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.