Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Maintenance Associate to join the Facilities Department, reporting to the Director of Facilities. Responsibilities include maintaining buildings and grounds in a safe and attractive fashion year-round. Responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensuring facilities are clean and orderly. A detailed schedule will be provided.
- Maintain inventory of custodial supplies and inform Facilities Director
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Carpentry and painting projects
- Light plumbing and electrical work
- Assist with snow and ice removal in winter months
- Assist with winterizing cabins
- Assist with housekeeping tasks as necessary
- Clean and restock restrooms
- Empty trash and recycling bins
- Sweep, vacuum, and spot-clean public spaces, studios, and theater spaces
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience producing outstanding results independently and with a team
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Skills & Qualities
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrates exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively
- Utilizes effective time-management skills
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Maintenance and Facilities Associate” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a full-time year-round position. Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.