Jacob’s Pillow seeks an Office Administrator to serve as the central point of communication, orientation, and information for all staff, reporting to the Director of Finance. The Office Administrator is entrusted with upholding/supporting and maintaining the central office, interfacing with the Jacob’s Pillow Board and patrons, and providing administrative support to the Director of Finance, Deputy Director, and Human Resources Manager.
Reception, Hunter House, Mailroom, and Supplies
- Manage reception, including greeting visitors, general phone calls, and meeting management, including remote technology instruction and support
- US mail: regular stop at Post Office to drop outgoing mail when required, process incoming mail
- Coordinate all shipping via UPS, USPS, and FedEx
- Maintain office supplies and postage including ordering for general use and specific to Departments
- Process requests for business cards, brochures, and other communications materials
- Maintain lost and found items and records
- Maintain first floor of Hunter House, kitchen, and conference room; maintain coffee and tea supplies
- Manage Dash cards and petty cash
- Process regular deposits for the business office
- Monitor [email protected] email correspondence and fulfill web store orders
- Perform other clerical and correspondence tasks as assigned
- Assist with data quality assurance program by inputting and editing records in CRM database
- Train staff in phone and email use; maintain directories and Google Groups, including password resets. Maintain Pillow intranet. Arrange for and provide teleconference support (i.e., Zoom and any others).
- Manage [email protected] email account, related calendars, and Everyone Google drive access. Manage conference room calendar and oversee Central Calendar(s).
Human Resources Support
- Assist in benefits administration and enrollment
- Participate in onboarding and manage new-hire orientation process
- Demonstrated multitasker, able to work in a high stress, fast-paced environment with good attention to detail
- Good with the public; experience with customer service preferred
- Able to communicate with clarity, patience, and friendliness
- An affinity for organization and knowledge management
- Minimum 1 year experience coordinating standard office equipment (copier, postage machine, computer station, printer)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and climb stairs to access storage
- Driver’s License and car required
- Six-day workweek during the summer festival (May through August)
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a full-time year-round position. Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.