The PRODUCTION ASSISTANT WARDROBE is a member of the Production Department and reports directly to the Wardrobe supervisor. The Production Assistant Wardrobe is expected to be able to function independently on projects under their direct supervision as well as assist the Wardrobe Supervisor and Director of Technical Production in the day-to-day operations of the wardrobe department, maintain a safe and healthy work environment, and coordinate wardrobe resources related to the production of festival performances and special events.
- Providing maintenance and care for visiting companies’ costumes including washing (machine and hand), drying (machine and line), steaming, minor repairs
- Assisting in the setup of the costume shop and other areas of the theaters prior to the Festival
- Assisting visiting companies with dressing room set-up
- Overseeing all wardrobe tasks for all indoor or outdoor performance spaces
- Carrying out any emergency costume repairs during performances
- Assisting visiting companies with packing and load-out
- Supervising interns as assigned
- Ordering and maintaining stock of necessary wardrobe supplies
- Maintaining and arranging for repair of wardrobe equipment as necessary
- Maintaining a clean and orderly costume shop, laundry area, and dressing rooms
- Supporting and assisting with the construction of costumes for the season opening Gala/Benefit
- Under the general direction of the Director of Technical Production, assisting with coordination of emergency response for staff and patrons in the event of an emergency or extreme weather.
- Completion of Adult/Child CPR and First Aid Training (provided to all seasonal staff prior to Festival)
- Mentor and train Production Interns in wardrobe and theater production
- Other duties as assigned related to position
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in wardrobe.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of theatrical wardrobe.
- Strong attention to detail and proactive monitoring of processes with excellent communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under a deadline, and work flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license is preferred
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to Vincent Vigilante, [email protected], with “Production Assistant Wardrobe” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a full-time seasonal position from May 2 through September 4, 2021.
Please scroll down to read important information regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols for on-site positions.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.