Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Public Relations & Communications Coordinator to support all press communications for Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival and oversee communications planning with editorial content, copywriting, and proof-reading support for the Marketing Department.
Responsibilities: Public Relations
- Act as main contact for press communications and relationship management
- Cultivate and develop relationships with members of local and national media
- Lead strategic planning of press efforts for all branches of Jacob’s Pillow programming and initiatives
- Act as lead in production image selection and approval for press purposes
- Manage the institutional voice and style guide for Jacob’s Pillow
- Provide media coaching and mentoring for Jacob’s Pillow staff
- Write, fact-check, and proofread all press materials (including press releases, media alerts, talking points, and fact sheets), and manage public dissemination
- Manage various press efforts including targeted pitches; interview coordination; follow-up calls; coordination of press visits; and information, interview, and photograph requests
- Research, update, and manage the Pillow’s press contact databases
- Manage press clip filing, tracking, and dissemination as well as press photo galleries; and selection for distribution to Board and funders.
- Act as the main on-site liaison during press visits, as well as off-site engagements when necessary
- Facilitate intern and staff training on Festival artists including the creation of Festival artist cheat sheets and review sessions
- Supervise one Festival Public Relations intern during the summer
- Stay current on programming of other arts organizations and with happenings of Pillow artists
- Develop and sustain knowledge of Jacob’s Pillow brand and mission through careful crafting of messaging alongside major institutional announcements and programming initiatives
- Act as lead copywriter, copy editor, and proofreader for all content within Jacob’s Pillow publications and marketing material
- Secure internal and external approvals for marketing materials that pertain to Festival artists and special events.
- Run Jacob’s Pillow Twitter account to share large announcements and cultivate industry following.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in project managing marketing publications
- Track and set internal deadlines and review timelines for all departments
- Manage content review process and edit collation, deliver clean copy and/or collected edits to Graphic Designer(s)
- Drive editorial and design choices through institutional goals and messaging
- Manage the creation, review, and coordinate printing logistics of program/playbill inserts for Festival artist engagements, the Season Opening Gala, and other Philanthropy events, and others as needed.
- Assist with implementing promotional logistics with external contacts, alongside Associate Producer
- Manage dissemination of artist marketing materials post event
Applicants must be energetic, professional, dedicated, and detail-oriented, with a passion for and thorough knowledge of dance. Superior interpersonal, time management, and multitasking skills are essential. Applicants should have impeccable writing and verbal skills. Press/media relations experience required. Six-day workweek required during the Festival.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, digital portfolio, and references to Human Resources at [email protected] with “Public Relations & Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies or phone.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This full-time seasonal position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but is expected to become an on-site position in summer. During the weeks of the annual summer Festival, Jacob’s Pillow operates on a six-day workweek.
Please scroll down to read important information regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols for on-site positions.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.