Jacob’s Pillow seeks a School Programs Fellow to join The School at Jacob’s Pillow and work closely with/report directly to Associate Director of The School at Jacob’s Pillow. The School Programs Fellow’s primary responsibilities include assisting in efforts to promote programs, recruit applicants, and materials customized for each professional advancement training program. The scope of work cycles from promotion, recruitment, master class auditions and applications, to notification and admittance
processes, into the administrative, studio, and logistical work required for successful program
implementation. Reflection and evaluation processes occur throughout to assist in program planning and implementation for the upcoming year.
- Participate in program goal-setting sessions with staff of The School.
- Assist in program promotion and targeted recruitment strategies for timely distribution of program information via website, e-blasts, social media, fliers, and other digital and in-person
- Assist with recruitment tour arrangements including creating itineraries, preparing on-site
materials, and guiding prospective students through the application process.
- Maintain and update income/expense reports for recruitment events and general program
- Develop written and oral communication skills required to explain curricular and logistical needs to dancers, educators in the field, parents, and the general public; includes preparing and maintaining written documents with accurate and compelling messaging.
- Assist in program acceptance notification, pre- and post program communication, and program implementation messaging for School programs.
- Collaboratively work with School Programs Coordinator to train and assist in the supervision of
School Interns during Festival 2022, in such duties as:
- Preparing pre-arrival materials for program Artist Faculty, dancers, Festival staff, and Board Members such as a Daily Calendar of Events, Observation Schedules, performance program information, Dancer Bios, etc.
- Leading Program Orientation sessions, Program Registration, Studio Preparation and Care Maintenance Procedures, and giving notes about Festival events to program artist faculty and dancers.
- Overseeing and supervising dancers in assignments such as ushering, writing thank you letters, meeting School Sponsors, fulfilling campus care responsibilities, etc.
- Securing arrival and departure procedures with Festival staff
- Preparing program closure materials and summaries
- Provide updated and timely communication about programs to other departments and collaborators. Generate daily studio training schedules and distribution of program announcements in collaboration with Marketing and Development departments.
- Candidates must have a knowledge and understanding of dance history, dance studio training, and performance practices; with a familiarity with Jacob’s Pillow preferred.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, a willingness to build upon social media and database technology; and project management experience. The ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and to communicate professionally and sensitively with a wide-range of diverse local-to-international contacts is required.
- A baccalaureate degree or the equivalent of experiential practice as a dance professional with arts administration experience preferred.
Please email cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to [email protected] with “School Fellow” in the subject line.
Only candidates with the strongest qualifications will be invited to interview for this position. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a Full-Time Fellowship
January 10 – December 31, 2022