Jacob’s Pillow is now accepting applications for a Ted Shawn Circle Concierge, a member of the Jacob’s Pillow Patron Services department reporting directly to the Director of Patron Services and working with Box Office Staff, Philanthropy Staff, and all members of the Patron Services team. This position serves as the front line staff member for all ticketing, reservation, and membership related inquiries of members of the Ted Shawn Circle. The Ted Shawn Circle Concierge is an integral part of the Pillow’s customer service team.
- Manage the Ted Shawn Circle (TSC) Concierge phone line
- Handle high level donors ($2,000+) and VIP requests for tickets, dinner reservations, and tours
- Greet and assist both VIPs and the General Public at Will Call prior to performances Wed-Sat; assist with VIP and Member recognition
- Ensure safety for patrons and staff by enforcing protocols and policies implemented for COVID-19
- Communicate regularly with the Philanthropy Department about requests, issues, and other items as appropriate concerning high level donors
- Produce weekly and daily VIP attendance reports prior to performances for dissemination to staff and board members
- Assist in training Festival interns to address common needs and questions that arise from TSC Members, customer service
- Liaise with all departments as appropriate to answer questions and address TSC needs in conjunction with the Director of Philanthropy, the Deputy Director of Philanthropy, and the Membership & Individual Support Manager
- Assist the Special Events Manager with donor events as requested
- Convey knowledgeably about each of the companies performing during the Festival and make informed and personal recommendations when asked
- Attend weekly Patron Services and Philanthropy department meetings
- Assist with other box office and administrative tasks
- Working knowledge of dance/ performing arts box office operations
- Exemplary ticket services and customer service experience
- Experience managing staff
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in the facilitation of audience flow
- Demonstrated ability to handle high pressure customer service situations
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing software are strongly preferred
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Ted Shawn Circle Concierge” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies or phone.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Protocols will address those who will reside on campus in all aspects of Pillow lifestyle including food, accommodations, travel logistics, health care, and workplace standards. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term and require employees to uphold the values of a community agreement that recognizes safety as top priority in both the decisions made in the workplace and each person’s daily life. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
If you are considered for the position, we will ask that you reserve at least 7 days prior to your employment start date to begin quarantining. If you must travel to the Pillow by air, train, or bus we will discuss a specific plan with you.
This is a full-time seasonal position from March 29 through September 3, 2021. Jacob’s Pillow operates on a 5-day work week from March 29 through June 18, and on a 6-day workweek from June 21 through September 3.
Please scroll down to read important information regarding COVID-19 health and safety protocols for on-site positions.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.