Jacob’s Pillow seeks an Executive Assistant to support the Director in coordinating schedules, travel, logistics, hospitality, and special events on her behalf and in conjunction with other leadership staff. In addition, this position acts as the Board liaison, sending all Board-related communications and organizing Board and committee meetings, records, and events, working closely with the Deputy Director and Director of Philanthropy. This position will also be considered a member of the company management team and will take on special assignments as time allows, such as artist or funder convenings; and provide back-up coverage for the Office Administrator.
COVID vaccination is required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. A person is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 more than 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or more than 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Assistant to the Director:
- Coordinate the Director’s calendar and travel arrangements
- Organize and maintain the Director’s files
- Write, organize, and maintain correspondence—personally and on behalf of others
- Coordinate meetings and events on behalf of the Director
- Help maintain the organization’s Central Calendar and other organizational planning calendars
- Scribe full-staff and department heads meetings, and work with Deputy Director on logistics
- Provide hospitality for Director’s guests
- Provide assistance with expense tracking, submission of receipts, and travel reimbursements for the Director
- Assist with logistics for and preparation of organization-wide meetings, orientation, and events as needed
- Duties and special projects as assigned
- Manage logistics for all Board and Committee meetings, act as the point of contact for Board members for administrative questions, and communicate to Directors, department heads, and philanthropic engagement staff on a regular basis
- Develop ways to build community among Board members and between Board and staff
- Scribe for all Board meetings and Board committee meetings
- Maintain Board files
- Manage Board contact updates in all databases, and Board manual
- Prepare routine Board communications and updates including Board Digest
- Assist with event coordination as it relates to the Board of Trustees
- Process Board ticket orders as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Three years of administrative experience and concise writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to be helpful and adjust priorities at a moment’s notice
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office equipment and electronic meeting technology, software applications and customer and/or fundraising databases
- Experience as Executive Assistant working for Executive Director/CEO
- Experience working in a cultural institution
- Knowledge of and interest in dance
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and three (3) contact references to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.