Jacob’s Pillow offers Fall/Winter/Spring Internships for interested and engaged college students looking for professional advancement opportunities in arts administration. Dates and times are flexible. Students may apply for college credit through their home institution and/or receive a small daily stipend. All interns must have cars, but housing may be available for candidates outside of our region depending on the dates of the internship.
By interning with Jacob’s Pillow, you join a team of seasoned arts professionals and assist with programs pertaining to the Festival, The School, the Archives, Community Engagement, and more. All internships offer invaluable training and mentorship towards your professional career. See below for available positions.
As a Fall/Winter/Spring Intern, you will:
- Assist with year-round programs and presentations, while contributing to the preparation required for one of the most acclaimed international dance festivals in the world.
- Receive on-the-job training, and experience working alongside professional staff both independently and collaboratively.
- Gain hands-on experience at an international arts organization and a broad perspective on arts administration, the dance field, and dance history.
- Enjoy the rich heritage of this National Historic Landmark in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
- Staff-led training and mentoring
- Invites to special events associated with year-round programs at Jacob’s Pillow such as In Process Series at the Pillow Lab residency showings and Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion®
There are currently no fall internships available. Spring 2020 Internship availability will be determined by November 1, 2019. Please check back for details.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Fall/Winter/Spring Interns have the potential to become an Administrative Fellow. Learn more about this professional development opportunity here.