The Housekeeper & Hospitality Coordinator facilitates the cleaning, stocking, and hospitality services for 120 guest rooms, office spaces, public restrooms, studios, etc. on the Jacob’s Pillow campus. Additionally, this role will aid the Company Management team in planning and executing light catering services for artists, staff, and other campus events.
COVID vaccination is required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. A person is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 more than 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or more than 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
- Assist Company Manager with the coordination and execution of serving all onsite guests year-round, including but not limited to Pillow Lab residencies, Festival artists, dancers and faculty of The School, Community Engagement guests, scholars, staff, and interns
- Clean or schedule the cleaning services for accommodations, all public restrooms, office spaces, studios, etc.
- Managing stock and reordering all household and cleaning supplies
- Light grocery shopping for guests or arranging catering services
- Laundering or scheduling laundry services with vendor for all linens
- Liaise with facilities department to request repairs, supplies, maintenance, and trash removal
- Liaise with company management on the schedule of all accommodations and special needs
- Manage key inventory for accommodations
- Manage inventory of all household and office furniture and budget/plan for annual replacements as needed
- Participate in call rotation to answer guests’ needs outside of office hours
- Provide event support when needed
- Aid in the general upkeep of the Pillow campus (see a need and either fill it, budget for it, ask for help fixing it, etc.)
- One or more years’ experience in the hotel industry, cleaning services, or related
- Strong attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills (Google Suite)
- Demonstrated appreciation of and commitment to cultural competency principles of inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility
- Willingness to be helpful and adjust priorities at a moment’s notice
- Willingness to respond to needs outside of office hours
- Valid Driver’s License
- Background screening
- Event coordination, catering, restaurant, hotel experience
Skills & Qualities
- Keen attention to detail, ability to anticipate complications and solve problems efficiently
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work independently and on a team
- Able to frequently move objects weighing up to 25 pounds across campus, in all weather
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] with “Housekeeper & Hospitality Coordinator” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a part-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.