The Director of Patron Services manages all aspects of customer service and patron experiences in this year-round position. Responsible for all aspects of the Box Office and Front of House, including performance and event ticketing and a large volunteer program, they work closely with all departments to ensure smooth, safe, and fulfilling experiences for patrons experiencing Pillow events on- and off-site, as well as virtually.
COVID vaccination is required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. A person is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 more than 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or more than 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Box Office Management
- In centralized ticketing/donor database (Tessitura), build or supervise the building of the houses for all performances and events (120+), inputting held seats, pricing and promotions, building print-at-home tickets, and all promotional web sales content
- Supervise and train all call center representatives during the Festival member presale (Feb-Mar) and public sale (Apr-Aug), to provide superior customer service on phone, in person, and via online sales, to assist customers in making educated Pillow performance choices; take phone calls as necessary when volume requires
- Work with Marketing department to:
- Establish pricing and ticketing procedures and policies, contributing ideas for improvements and dynamic pricing strategy
- Maximize ticket sales and revenue by providing valuable feedback regarding marketing and promotional campaigns, subscriptions and packages, sales-related issues, ordering and ticketing processes, and frontline communication with patrons
- Create regular ticketing and patron reports to help assess marketing campaign efficiency
- Assist the Tessitura Administrator with creation of database user guides and policies. Evaluate, test, and implement any ticketing-related database changes
- Manage patron databases, correcting duplicate accounts, updating information, and working closely with all departments to record and report on patron, donor, and participant information
- Communicate regularly with departments to assess on-hold needs for performances
- Work with the Director of Finance to reconcile all departmental and ticket sales revenue. Implement and maintain accounting procedures, including accurate and timely:
- Daily audit and performance reporting
- Security of tickets, credit card information, cash, and receipts
- Reconciliation reports
- Ticket sales reports and analyses
- End-of-season closeout
- Resolve and track patron ticketing-related complaints
- Develop manuals and training materials for presale and festival season needs
- Work with Digital Content & Marketing Manager to manage all festival marketing email and trade lists
- With Box Office Manager, manage special ticketing needs including artist, press, member, VIP, and promotional comps, working closely with all departments
- Work with Office Manager and other staff to oversee Ticket Donation program including communication with requesting organizations and tracking voucher redemption
- Manage and monitor [email protected] inbox
Theater Operations & Volunteer Program
- Facilitate prompt curtain times by expediting show-time sales, will call pick-up, and standby list sales; assist Theatre Manager, Patron Services, and House Management Interns in resolving seating issues as necessary
- Ensure box office policies are compliant with ADA regulations. Guide policies for accessibility both in person and online including sales of accessible seating, access to EBT discounts, and mobility on campus.
- Manage a safe and efficient transport service during the Festival season between venues and parking lots
- Prior to arrival of Theatre Manager in the spring:
- Begin preparations for Festival volunteer schedule, updating and disseminating the volunteer sign-up form and handbook, and setting up a system for the Theatre Manager to continue
- Schedule volunteers for year-round and off-site events
- Communicate regularly with other departments to assess volunteer needs for ad hoc projects, ongoing needs, and special events
- Participate in managing the [email protected] inbox
- Upon Theatre Manager arrival in the spring, be prepared to transition all volunteer program responsibilities, including training in Tessitura and the scheduling system as needed
- During fall, winter, and spring months, house manage for any special on- or off-site events, working with the Company Management, Marketing, and Production teams to build houses and ticketing, and determine and staff any usher or volunteer needs
- Work closely with the Director of Production and Director of Facilities to assess appropriate communication needs, functionality of amenities and campus signage in support of a positive patron experience
- Participate in regular management team meetings and projects to support organization-wide planning, strategy and operations
- At least 3 years professional ticket services and customer service experience
- Deep knowledge of ADA compliance
- Experience managing staff and volunteers
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Understanding and appreciation of dance and/or performing arts
- A commitment to Jacob’s Pillows values and IDEA principles
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing software and report analytics
- Experience with facilities management
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Director of Patron Services” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies or phone.
This is a full-time year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.