Administrative Fellows Program
The Administrative Fellows Program provides paid professional development experience for individuals looking to further their career. Fellows are provided with entry-level job experience, learning opportunities, and are integral members of department teams and are charged to uphold the organization’s work standards, ethics, and policies. Fellowships begin on October 4 and end September 2 of the following year. Priority is given to Festival interns. Get to know our some of our past Administrative Fellows and scroll to learn more about our available 2021-22 positions.
- Utilizing collaboration and teamwork to meet department and institutional goals while experiencing the cycle of work from public Festival programs, as well as researching, developing, and planning programming that engages choreographers, companies, scholars, area schools, community members, and others on a deeper, more exploratory level.
- Tailor-made opportunities for professional development that focus on skill-building, goal creation, and achievement. Examples include video production, development, networking with local organizations, informational interviews with department heads at peer organizations, and much more.
- Development of project management skills including the opportunity to gain year-round insight and hands-on experience toward the management of a department’s project development process.
- Opportunities to collaborate across departments, sit in on board meetings and board committee meetings, regular mentorship opportunities with department heads, participation in on-going, cross-departmental events and projects of interest.
- Exposure to the inner workings of Jacob’s Pillow, an internationally celebrated center for dance education, research, development, performance, and engagement.
- Opportunity to build management skills in communication and delegation by overseeing Festival (May-August) interns.
- $600 weekly stipend, paid bi-weekly
- Opportunities to attend In Process showings at the Pillow Lab, Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion® residencies, and performances presented in association with our affiliated partners such as MASS MoCA and Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center are available October through May; with full immersion in Festival events, including seeing performances, available June through August.
- Free, shared housing on-site during the Fellowship period.
- Meals included during the pre-Festival and Festival periods of mid-May through August.
- 10 days flex time (sick, vacation, or personal Holiday) to be scheduled with advance approval and not taken consecutively between October and April.
- Jacob’s Pillow also observes the following Holidays during the Fellowship calendar:
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Wednesday before and Friday after Thanksgiving
- Holiday Break – Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Please note Juneteenth and Independence Day occur during the Festival and may result in a workday depending on final calendars and plans.
Note: Fellows are required to have a car September to June.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact [email protected] or 413.243.9919.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.