Full and part-time internships for the fall, winter, and spring can be tailored to meet college credit needs or individual interests. Dates and times are flexible. Independent mode of transportation required.
As a Fall/Winter/Spring intern, you will:
- Assist with year round programs and presentations, while contributing to the preparation required for one of the most acclaimed international dance festivals in the world celebrating its 85th anniversary season.
- Design the focus and length of your own fall, winter, or spring internship at Jacob’s Pillow.
- Receive on-the-job training, and experience working alongside professional staff both independently and collaboratively.
- Gain hands-on experience at an international arts organization and a broad perspective on arts administration, the dance field, and dance history.
- Enjoy the rich heritage of this National Historic Landmark in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
- Staff-led training and mentoring
- Invites to special events during the internship associated with year round programs at Jacob’s Pillow such as Creative Development Residencies and Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion®
- Stipend and on-site housing can be discussed depending on working hours and duration of placement.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status. The Intern Program is part of The School at Jacob’s Pillow, “J.R.” Glover, Director of Education.
Fall/Winter/Spring Internships available in:
During the Fall/Winter/Spring internship, the Archives Intern has the unique opportunity to cultivate archival skills while working closely with the Director of Preservation and Associate Archivist & Librarian.Learn More
Community Engagement and Public Programs
The Community Engagement Intern works closely with the Community Engagement and Public Programs Manager to plan, organize, and implement the Pillow’s on and off-site year-round Community Dance Programs, including Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion® residencies, which operate in three Berkshire County public schools.Learn More
The Fall/Winter/Spring Company Management Intern works closely with the Operations Staff in the management of day-to-day campus life, events and rentals, and preparations for the upcoming Summer Festival.Learn More
The Development/Individuals Internship offers an opportunity to gain real work experience in a busy Development Office.Learn More
The Fundraising/Institutional Intern works closely with Development staff to successfully seek and report on funding from foundations, corporations, and government agencies that support the arts.Learn More
The Education Intern will work with staff to plan, coordinate, and implement the Pillow’s professional School audition and recruitment process.Learn More
Graphic design interns work closely with the Graphic Design Manager, Director of Marketing and Communication, and other marketing department staff and interns to produce printed and electronic materials to promote Festival performances and events, maintaining a high-quality and brand-consistent aesthetic in all materials.Learn More
Marketing and Public Relations
Marketing Department interns participate in key strategic work, preparation and planning. Fall/winter/spring internships in the Marketing department are tailored to the intern's skills, interests, and current goals of the department.Learn More
Accepted on a rolling basis
Click here for application and submission instructions