Scholarship Application Instructions
For Contemporary Ballet, Street & Club Dances, Contemporary, & Musical Theatre Dance programs
- Scholarship Applications are accessed within the Program Applications. Select “YES” to the prompt, “Do you need to apply for a Scholarship?” when completing the Program Application.
- Financial information must be for the parent/guardian(s) if applicant is a dependent.
Scholarship Application Materials
1. Amount of Program Tuition Fee you can contribute
Be prepared to insert the amount you can contribute toward the Program Tuition Fee from each of the categories below when requested
- Personal Savings/Employment Income
- Gifts/School Award/Other Sources (if applicable)
- Amount Requested from Granting Institutions (if applicable)
2. Documentation of Current Support
Collect and have available to enter into Scholarship Application
- Know the following for yourself: Primary Support name(s), address, own or rent housing status, monthly housing payment, occupation(s), current employer name(s) and phone number(s), and previous employer’s name and phone number
- Know the same for Secondary Support, if applicable
3. Written Statement of Need – 500 word maximum
Prepare and scan as one PDF document into the Scholarship Application
- Describe your current financial situation and why financial aid is necessary
- Provide clear and accurate information about current employment and financial obligations, such as monthly bills and debt
- Excluding the Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship request, list all additional funding source(s) available towards the program fee:
- For each gift, award, or other source, list proper name, amount, and note if confirmed or pending. If pending, identify expected notification date.
- For each grant, loan, or other funding source(s), list name of grantor or granting institution, amount of request, and note if confirmed or pending. If pending, identify expected notification date.
- Work Experience: List company Name, supervisor Name, title, address, phone number, position you held, and earnings for current and past two employers
- List previous aid/prizes/grants/scholarship awards: Include granting institution, name of aid/award, amount, and year received
4. Support Materials
Collect, prepare, and scan as one PDF document into Scholarship Application
- Evidence that substantiates your Written Statement of need. Examples are: child care invoices, debt counseling statements, financial aid records, food stamp registration, hospital invoices, rental agreements, scholarship award copies, tuition payment record, etc. If you are uploading multiple materials, please combine them into one PDF.
5. Proof of Annual Income
Prepare and scan as one PDF document into Scholarship Application
- U.S. residents: Only the first page of your most recent IRS 1040/1020A form.
- If exempt from filing, or a non-U.S. resident: Copy of earning statements for July, October and December 2018