Scholarship Application Instructions
- Applicable for Ballet, Gaga, Contemporary & Musical Theatre Dance programs only
- Completing a Scholarship Application does not impact acceptance determination. Dancers are first selected for acceptance, and only then are scholarship applications reviewed. To help as many dancers as possible, most scholarships are partial. Full scholarships require especially strong evidence of financial need. All scholarship recipients agree to serve as exemplary Pillow community members and fulfill assigned campus responsibilities.
- The Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence is determined once all program dancers have been accepted and is based on the Audition Video submission.
- Eligibility for the Marcia Simon Kaplan Scholarship and the American Dance Guild/Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship is determined by staff during review of your Program Application
- The Scholarship Application is accessed within the Program Application if you select YES, I am applying for a Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Materials
Financial information must be for the parent/guardian(s) if applicant is a dependent
1. Amount of Program Tuition Fee you can contribute
Calculate how much you have from each source below and be prepared to insert these amounts into the Scholarship Application when requested
- Personal Savings/Employment Income
- Gifts/School Award/Other Sources (if applicable)
- Pending Aid/Awards (if applicable)
2. Documentation of Current Support
Collect and have available to enter into Scholarship Application
- Know the following for yourself, i.e. Primary Support, and Secondary Support if applicable: address, own or rent housing status, monthly housing payment, occupation(s), current employer name and phone number, and previous employer’s name and phone number
3. Written Statement of Need
500 word maximum. Prepare and scan to upload in Program Application when requested
- Describe your current financial situation and why financial aid is necessary
- Provide clear and accurate information about current employment and financial obligations, such as monthly bills and debt
- List additional funding source(s) for possible program fee use
- Exclude the Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship request.
- For each grant, loan, or other funding source(s), list name of grantor or granting institution, amount of request, and note if confirmed or pending. If pending, identify expected notification date.
- Work Experience: List company name, supervisor name, title, address, phone number, position you held, and earnings for current and past two employers
- List previous aid/prizes/grants/scholarship awards: Include granting institution, name of aid/award, amount, and year received
4. Support Documentation
Scan and prepare to upload as PDF images in Scholarship Application when requested
- Provide evidence that substantiates your Written Statement of need. Examples are: child care invoices, debt counseling statements, financial aid records, food stamp registration, hospital invoices, rental agreements, scholarship award copies, tuition payment record, etc.
5. Proof of Annual Income
Collect, scan, and prepare to upload as PDF images in Scholarship Application when requested
- U.S. residents: Copy only the first page of most recent IRS 1040/1020A form.
- If exempt from filing, or a non-U.S. resident: Copy of earning statements for July, October and December 2017