Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Store & Retail Manager for its retail and online store operations to join its growing Patron Services Department and work closely with/report directly to the Deputy Director and supervise Sales Associates. This position is responsible for coordinating all retail activity during the Festival, and reporting on sales and inventory. The Store & Retail Manager works closely with the Marketing Department, Patron Services Manager and team, and Business Office to develop merchandise and monitor systems for fulfillment and patron satisfaction.
- Coordination and supervision of retail activity, to include display and signage of merchandise and online offerings, as well as time in-store, responding to customers.
- Assist as needed with the purchase of inventory.
- Training and scheduling of paid retail staff.
- Supervising and training of minimal volunteer retail staff.
- Monitoring and reporting of financial activity and inventory control. This includes daily deposit reports and periodic inventory reports.
- Maintenance of Store accounts for Staff and select members.
- Development of periodic and final reports including Master Inventory.
- Previous retail management and/or customer service experience
- Database and point of sale systems experience preferred
- Inventory management desired
- Facility with numbers, spreadsheets, and reporting
- Ability to work collaboratively and under pressure
- Interest in dance and the arts
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs to access facilities, including storage, unassisted and repeatedly throughout workday
- Pass background screening
This position requires at minimum the following schedule: Wednesday through Saturday 11am – 8pm, Sunday 11am-4pm.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Store & Retail Manager” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
Jacob’s Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Accepting employment at Jacob’s Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
This is a full-time, seasonal position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.