Summer Festival internships run May 19 through August 31 and are part of a structured program for more than 30 interns from around the world, each working within one of the Pillow’s administrative or production departments. By interning with Jacob’s Pillow during the summer, you join a team of seasoned arts professionals and assist with programs pertaining to the Festival, The School, the Archives, and Community engagement. All internships offer invaluable training and mentorship towards your professional career.
As a Summer Festival Intern, you will:
- Be a member of the team executing one of the world’s most prestigious dance festivals.
- Experience a Festival environment offering world-class ballet, contemporary, cultural, dance/theatre, and jazz dance; more than 500 public events including artist talks, master classes, community classes, open rehearsals, and free performances; access to one of the field’s most valuable dance Archives; and professional advancement training in The School at Jacob’s Pillow.
- Receive on-the-job training and experience working with the Festival’s staff.
- Gain a broad perspective on the international performing arts field.
- Live in an international community of artists, faculty, scholars, staff, students, and intern peers for 3 dance-filled months.
- Enjoy the rich heritage of this National Historic Landmark in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts.
- Career talks, topical discussions, Staff-led seminars, training, and mentoring
- On-campus housing
- 3 meals per day
- $1,500 stipend*
- Free performances and dance classes
- College credit, work-study, independent study, and/or cooperative learning programs may be available through your school. Or you may register for college credit at Jacob’s Pillow through our partnership with the Division of Continuing Education at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Check with your college registrar’s office and department to determine whether these credits will transfer to your school. Credit fee information is available after May 1.
*International candidates are welcomed to submit an application; however, terms and conditions will be specified upon hiring.
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.