The Tessitura Database Administrator will provide leadership for the organization in its use of the Tessitura CRM software. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Systems, this position will lead all Tessitura efforts throughout the organization, ensuring proper utilization and growth of data-driven initiatives, and will interact closely with all departments, establishing best-practices for effective uses of the software.
COVID vaccination is required as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. A person is fully vaccinated for COVID-19 more than 2 weeks after having received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or more than 2 weeks after having received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide management and support for all Tessitura operations across departments
- Research, plan, project manage, and troubleshoot Tessitura upgrades, including leading planning for use of new features, creating testing plans, and staff training as necessary
- Assist with management of third-party application integrations with Tessitura and their ongoing maintenance and support, including accounting (Accountingware) website, bulk email platforms (Prospect2), school applications (Acceptd), wealth screening applications such as WealthEngine, and others like Shopify as available from the Tessitura roadmap and suited to Pillow business needs
- Support Marketing Staff in the administration of TN Express Web (TNEW) application and all web customizations
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and practices in the use of Tessitura and advise organization regarding changes and enhancements that will improve operations
- Interface with external and internal user groups
- Work with Tessitura Support staff and consultants to troubleshoot database issues and maintain and update customizations to the Jacob’s Pillow environment
- Create custom reports and modify existing reports according to business needs, using SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services or other tools
- Oversee third-party data imports such as NCOA updates
- Consult with all departments, gathering user requirements for new initiatives and business process, and recommend best use of Tessitura to support these initiatives
- Oversee data entry and tracking, reports, list management, extractions, and other tasks as assigned for cross-departmental Tessitura use through coordination with lead system users
- Facilitate generation of lists, advanced data extractions, custom reports, and ad hoc queries
- Develop training programs for optimization in all departments
- Investigate and address support issues concerning Tessitura RAMP application; submit RAMP tickets on behalf of staff as needed
- Supervise NSCAN installation, maintenance and support
- Update System Tables as necessary
- Manage users and security. Enhance security groups and assign access rights to ensure confidentiality and system integrity
- Perform regular data integrity checks and promote activities such as duplicate reduction across departments
- Help departments enrich their data through routine quality assurance and data imports; utilize the legacy Salesforce database to extract additional data as business needs require
- Provide regular functional supervisions and training to Tessitura users in each Department
- Regularly convene staff with primary use responsibilities in all departments
- Manage the Google Shared Drive: Database Implementation
- Create and maintain documentation concerning system configuration, best practices, data entry and integrity, as well as procedures specific to Jacob’s Pillow
- Minimum of five years experience working in enterprise database administration and/or developer, preferably with the SQL Server platform
- Prior experience with a major CRM fundraising database and major ticketing database, including system conversion, reports and analysis, and data configuration
- Experience in the administration of Tessitura
- Salesforce CRM familiarity
- Knowledge of business process analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in writing clear technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals through influencing and coordinating inter-departmental work
- Demonstrated skills in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years experience with Tessitura database
- Supervisory experience
- Understanding of project management methodologies (agile and scrum)
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Tessitura Database Administrator” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies or phone.
This is a full-time year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.