On arrival day, all dance artists attending The School are required to be at least 16 years of age, no exceptions.
The School’s programs, whether onsite, virtual, or held within a partner institution, are designed for socially mature, technically advanced dancers who are focused on a professional career.
- Dancers need to be physically fit for the program’s rigor and intense schedule requiring seven hours daily for classes, rehearsals, or performing, plus having the stamina for another four to six hours to see Festival performances, attend events, extra rehearsals, and complete assignments.
- If you are recovering from a recent injury or surgery, you need to recover fully and postpone your participation to a later time. We sincerely want you dancing for the long-term, not the short-term, and lack the facilities and resources for comprehensive recovery and rehabilitation care.
The well-being of everyone who lives, works, and visits Jacob’s Pillow is important.
- Jacob’s Pillow is committed to offering a safe, caring, sharing, collaborative environment where artistic growth is possible for all. Our campus cultivates a welcoming environment with an emphasis on safety and belonging for all those who visit. Read more about Jacob’s Pillow’s values here.
- All dancers must complete a confidential medical history form, which includes immunization records, and note any conditions that could interfere with full program participation.
- Monitoring procedures and regulations with regards to COVID-19 are ongoing, and made in consultation with a team of medical advisors. While the COVID-19 vaccine is no longer required by Jacob’s Pillow, our medical advisors still strongly recommend the vaccine for all, including boosters as advised by the CDC.
- Artist Faculty and Programming are subject to change. Jacob’s Pillow will make every effort to post updates on this website and notify dancers in advance.
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students and encourages and supports diversity in all programs.
- Participation in any School event requires receipt of a legally signed Liability Waiver, submitted with registration and acceptance forms.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow is committed to assisting any dancer needing assistance with program tuition fees. Applications are reviewed need-blind. Scholarship applications are reviewed only following acceptance determinations. A Scholarship Application is located with the Program Application and should be completed at time of submission.
2024 Workshops & Intensives | Around the Country
Jacob’s Pillow 360
If you have questions or need additional information, we are happy to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore our online Archive resource, Dance Interactive, to experience an invaluable tool able to support your growth as an artist.