Jacob’s Pillow 360
Workshops & Intensives from
The School at Jacob’s Pillow
The School at Jacob’s Pillow is where dancers and choreographers define and strengthen their artistic voices, while making the connections that advance their work in the field, and is considered one of the most prestigious dance training programs in the world.
In partnership with universities and dance centers, 360 Intensives are designed to introduce dancers to The School Experience by working with renowned Jacob’s Pillow Artist Faculty and Alumni, both in person and virtually from the Perles Family Studio. During the three days, dancers also work with the esteemed faculty of our partner schools. While learning about these highly regarded training centers, dancers will be strengthening their technique in a variety of dance styles, gaining valuable career advice, being virtually introduced to the Pillow’s world class digital resources as well as The School’s programming and streamed presentations. The 360 Intensives are designed for career-aspiring and pre-professional dancers, ages 14 – 18.
360 INTENSIVES IN 2023
The Jacob’s Pillow 360 Intensives will be held in the beautiful dance studios of the partner organizations below:
Orange, CA – in partnership with Chapman University July 7-9
Intensive Faculty from Jacob’s Pillow and Chapman University to be announced.
Miami, FL – in partnership with New World School of the Arts | July 14– 16
Intensive Faculty from Jacob’s Pillow and NWSA to be announced.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow 360 Workshops provide pre-professional and early career dancers, plus career-aspiring dancers ages 14+, an opportunity to learn from acclaimed dancers, teachers, and choreographers. Led by Artist Faculty and School Alumni, Jacob’s Pillow 360 Workshops include a class of diverse movement approaches and a dialogue session for dancers to ask questions and hear personal Pillow experiences from alumni and faculty. Held in person throughout the country, with virtual opportunities, they are designed to inspire and connect dancers to the Pillow’s network of established artists in the field. 360 Workshop participation is not required for admittance consideration, though they can serve as a pre-screening informative tool to School Staff and Artist Faculty of possible School applicants. $15 per in-person workshop & $10 per virtual workshop, Pre-registration required.
There are no more 2023 Jacob’s Pillow 360 Workshops at this time. Thank you to all who participated.
2023 Application Deadlines
Jan 23 at 12am/midnight EST | Priority Deadline | $40 processing fee
Feb 27 at 12am/midnight EST | Regular Deadline | $45 processing fee
After Feb 27 at 12am/midnight EST | Rolling Basis* | $50 processing fee
360 Intensive dancers will be required to pay a $100 non-refundable deposit toward tuition to secure your place in the program following acceptance.
Acceptd offers financial assistance to applicants who meet Application Fee Waiver requirements. Application Fee Waivers are subject to approval by the Acceptd Support team and are granted based on proper documentation, when provided in advance of an application submission. Contact Acceptd Support.
*Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by Program Directors and School staff; with admittance status sent by email on a rolling basis if spaces are available.
Want free streaming access to a performance from Festival 2022? Submit your application by the priority deadline, and you’ll receive free access to stream New Zealand-based Black Grace‘s 2022 performance on Jacob’s Pillow On Demand from February 6 through March 19, 2023.
Open the sections below for materials needed for a complete application.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow 360 – An Intensive in Partnership with Chapman University
July 7 – 9
Chapman University’s Department of Dance offers rigorous professional training with high-caliber productions, renowned faculty and guest artists, a new state of the art dance center, and all the benefits of a small liberal arts university.
The BA and BFA degrees focus on equitable and varied training in ballet, jazz, and modern technique supported by tap, hip hop, ballroom, and other forms. Additional curricular strengths include choreography (with more than 100 student works produced annually and 4 performance venues), and dance science and wellness (with courses in somatics, Pilates, yoga, anatomy, and kinesiology). The department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance and ranked as a best college dance program by DanceUS.org.
Faculty are experts in their fields and include world renowned artists Dwight Rhoden and Ido Tadmor. Located in beautiful Orange, California, Chapman frequently hosts guest artist classes, performances, and auditions with LA’s top artists and talent agencies.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow 360 – An Intensive in Partnership with NWSA
July 14 – 16
New World School of the Arts dance training is conservatory-based, grounded in classical ballet and incorporating dances of different cultures and newer forms. Supporting studies are in choreography, music, dance history, anatomy and kinesiology, movement analysis, and dance production. NWSA is recognized internationally for the success and artistry of its professional alumni, for its distinguished professional faculty, outstanding dance curriculum, productive relationship with many international and national dance companies, the multi-cultural nature of our faculty and student body, and excellent facilities provided for dance.
Located in the heart of downtown Miami, on the Wolfson Campus of Miami Dade College, New World School of the Arts is a Florida center of excellence in the performing and visual arts that operates through an educational partnership of Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Miami Dade College, and the University of Florida. This partnership makes it possible for students to earn a high school diploma, an Associate of Arts degree, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degree in programs accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance, Music, Theater, and Art & Design.
1. Audition Video
Footage must be of clear viewing quality and preferably shot within six months, or as recent as possible, prior to submission. Media-enhanced, highly edited, or promotional type videos are not reviewed. Adjudicators prefer one concise video with a table of contents; multiple videos will be viewed if contents are properly identified. Use one of the following file types to successfully upload your video(s): MP4, M4V, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MPG, MPEG, M2V, MKV, and WEBM.
- Verbal self-introduction, 1 minute maximum
- Your name and current dance studio/place of training
- Why this program is important for you this year
- What you are showing on your video
- Technique and Performance sampler, 5 minute maximum
- Center work petite allegro and grand allegro combinations
- 2 combinations or short solo excerpts – dancer can choose style/genre.
2. Written Statement 200 words or less
Talk about your dance goals.
Include dance training and performance experience.
- Headshot or School photo (required)
- Dance Shot (optional)
Dancers must be between 14 – 18 years of age by July 1, 2023 to register and participate in all The School at Jacob’s Pillow 360 Intensives.
Participation in any 360 Intensive requires receipt of a legally signed Liability Waiver, located within the application and registration forms upon acceptance.
The School’s programs, on campus and at our partner locations, are designed for serious and dedicated upper intermediate to advanced dancers who are exploring dance as a professional career.
- Dancers need to be physically fit for the rigor and intensity required in classes, rehearsals, and performances. This includes having the stamina to be fully active for at least eight hours per day.
- If you are recovering from a recent injury or surgery, you need to recover fully and postpone your participation to a later time. We sincerely want you dancing for the long-term, not the short-term, and lack the facilities and resources for comprehensive recovery and rehabilitation care.
The well-being of all dancers and staff participating in The School at Jacob’s Pillow 360 Intensives is important to us.
- As of this writing, Jacob’s Pillow and our partner schools will be monitoring procedures and regulations with regards to COVID-19 is ongoing, in consultation with a team of medical advisors.
- All 360 Intensive participants will be subject to applicable international, federal, and local COVID-19 requirements, as well as campus protocols established by the partner organization. This could impact an individual’s travel plans and/or participation, in addition to an entire group’s onsite interactions.
- Accepted dancers must complete a confidential medical history form, which includes immunization records, and note any conditions that could interfere with full program participation.
FEES & REFUNDS
Intensive Tuition Fee
- $375 for three day intensives
- Limited scholarship assistance may be available. Email email@example.com for additional information.
- 360 Intensive dancers will be required to pay a $100 non-refundable deposit toward tuition to secure your place in the program following acceptance.
- Tuition must be paid in full by 3 weeks prior to program start.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to arrange a payment plan.
- Partial refunds are only granted for medical conditions and require a physician’s note for 60% by one week prior to arrival; and none possible thereafter.
- Artist Faculty and Programming are subject to change. Jacob’s Pillow will make every effort to post updates on this website and notify dancers in advance.
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students and encourages and supports diversity in all programs.
- Jacob’s Pillow is committed to offering a safe, caring, sharing, collaborative environment where artistic growth is possible for all.
2023 Workshops & Intensives | Around the Country
Jacob’s Pillow 360
If you have questions or need additional information, we are happy to help. Please email us at email@example.com.
Explore our online Archive resource, Dance Interactive, to experience an invaluable tool able to support your growth as an artist.