TUITION, FEES, PAYMENTS & REFUNDS
Tuition fees for on campus programs represent a fraction of the actual program costs. All fees below cover for tuition, room and board, access to the Jacob’s Pillow Archives, and admission to Festival performances, talks, and special events.
- $1,650 for Contemporary Ballet
- $2,450 for Contemporary
- $950 for The Dunham Legacy Revisited
- $2,450 for Tap Dance
- Fees and financial assistance for Choreography Fellows Program are located here.
- Scholarships are available to support tuition. See below.
- $250 non-refundable services fee is payable on acceptance.
Payments and Refund Policy
- Fee balances must be paid in full three weeks prior to program start date.
- Refunds are only granted for medical conditions and require a physician’s note: 80% if withdrawal notification is received by three weeks prior to arrival; 60% by one week prior to arrival; 30% by the third program day; and none possible thereafter.
Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards
For On-Campus Programs: Ballet, Contemporary, The Dunham Legacy Revisited, Tap Dance
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow is committed to awarding Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards to accepted dancers with demonstrated financial need to make their attendance possible. To help as many dancers as possible in 2023, most Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards will be partial awards.
- Applications are reviewed need blind; which means that requesting a scholarship in no way impacts your acceptance determination.
- Submitting the Scholarship Application must be at the same time that you submit your Program Application.
- The Scholarship Application is found within the Program Application.
- All dancers, international and U.S., are eligible to apply for scholarships.
Applying for Scholarship Awards
- If you are a dependent, all financial information provided must be for your parent/guardian(s).
- If you need any assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be prepared to include the following in your Program Application:
- Statement of Need – up to 500 words suggested, yet we understand circumstances applicable to your situation may require more than 500 words.
- Describe your current financial situation and why financial aid is necessary
- Provide clear and accurate information about your current income and/or employment
- List previous scholarships, awards, and/or financial aid received
- Proof of Income
- Federal Tax Form, 2021 or 2022, page one only, for yourself, or your parent/guardian.
- If exempt from filing, or a non-U.S. resident, combine earning statements for July, October, and December 2022 into one PDF document.
- Support Documentation
- Combine evidence that substantiates your Written Statement of Need into one PDF document. Examples are: child care invoices, debt counseling statements, financial aid records, food stamp registration, hospital invoices, rental agreements, scholarship award copies, tuition payment record, etc.
Named Scholarship Awards
Named Scholarship Awards, described below, are assigned to dancers with complete and compelling applications who meet the criteria outlined for the award.
The Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence
One dancer accepted to attend either the Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary, Tap Dance, or Dunham Legacy Revisited will receive the 2023 Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence Award. The award provides material support and career encouragement in the form of a $2,500 cash gift, plus a tuition reimbursement. Established in 2004 by former Pillow board member Lorna Strassler and her husband, recipients must be able to demonstrate performance excellence and exemplary dedication to the field.
To be considered, submit your best application. When all 2023 programs conclude, eligible candidates are determined by a separate review process. Awardees are notified by The School Director and presentation of the award is announced the following year.
“It’s our hope that this award will make a difference in the lives of those who receive it.” — Lorna Strassler
The Marcia Simon Kaplan Scholarship
One full scholarship to attend the Contemporary Program will be awarded to a current New World School of the Arts student. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the final application review process.
The American Dance Guild | Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship
One full scholarship will be awarded to a dancer accepted to the Dunham Legacy Revisited program. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the application review process. American Dance Guild membership required; americandanceguild.org.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Programs | At the Pillow
The Dunham Legacy Revisited
Choreography Fellows Program
2023 Artist Faculty
The School Experience
Alumni of The School
Perles Family Studio
2023 Workshops & Intensives | Around the Country
If you have questions or need additional information, we are happy to help. Please email us at email@example.com.
Explore our online Archive resource, Dance Interactive, to experience an invaluable tool able to support your growth as an artist.