December 18, 2019 (Becket, MA)—Jacob’s Pillow announces public events held January through May in its Winter/Spring season, featuring co-presentations with local cultural partners; Pillow Parties; workshops and classes; Pillow Pop-Ups; and more. Events take place January through May on the Pillow’s 220-acre campus in Becket, MA and across Berkshire County. As the Pillow continues to advance its five year strategic plan, Vision ’22, the organization increasingly activates its local and national presence by expanding programming and extending resources beyond its acclaimed summer dance festival.
Winter/Spring 2020 Highlights Include:
- A dynamic performance installation centered on the life and writings of W.E.B. Du Bois by San Francisco-based Zaccho Dance Theatre, performed at Bard College at Simon’s Rock in Great Barrington (February 22).
- A rare, pre-Festival on-site performance in the Pillow’s Doris Duke Theatre (April 25) showcasing three New England-based choreographers and artists.
- Two Pillow Parties featuring the social dance and music genres of the Hustle (March 28) and Latin Dance (April 4).
- Vuyani Dance Theatre’s Cion: Requiem for Ravel’s Boléro (February 1) and a work-in-progress performance of Deep Blue Sea by Bill T. Jones, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, and Peter Nigrini (March 21); co-presented with MASS MoCA in North Adams.
- Immersive workshops offered as a new satellite of the nationally-recognized dance teacher education program Dance Education Laboratory (DEL).
- Collaborations with the Tanglewood Learning Institute and The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, utilizing Pillow Scholars-in-Residence to help bridge the gap between artists and audiences.
For the full press release, click here.