College Partnership Program
- Personalized virtual reference assistance with Archives staff
- Access to the Pillow’s Online Archives and digital resources, including:
- Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive online catalogue – An ever-growing collection of dance videos filmed at Jacob’s Pillow from the 1930s to today.
- PillowVoices podcast– The Jacob’s Pillow podcast brings listeners closer to notable dance artists connected with the Pillow from 1933 to today.
- Jacob’s Pillow YouTube channel – Includes post-show talks with Festival Artists and Pillow Scholars, performance clips, and more.
Complimentary access to Jacob's Pillow Dance Stream (exclusive to regional Institutional Partners)
- Our online resource for select full-length performances and talks from the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival Archives.
New! Master Classes from The School at Jacob's Pillow
Interested in offering Jacob’s Pillow Master Classes as a digital resource to your class or dance group? Select Master Classes from Virtual Festival 2020 are available beyond summer 2020 for education purposes only, shared with teachers or group representatives via a unique, password protected Vimeo link for a duration of two weeks. 25% of proceeds go to the participating artists.
- $100 per Master Class for College Partner member groups
- $200 per Master Class for non-member groups
For a list of Master Classes available digitally, click here and look for the classes marked with the text “A digital loan of this Master Class is available to educators.” For further details and orders, please contact Kayla Banks, College Partnership Program Project Coordinator, at [email protected]. (Note: The Aszure Barton Master Class is available for the fall 2020 semester only)
Research & recognition
- Annual College Partner Convening, A Virtual Gathering, Saturday October 24, 2020 to network and discuss current issues in the field. RSVP here.
- Visibility on the Jacob’s Pillow website with a link to your institution.
"Inside the Pillow Lab" Screenings and Receptions
The Pillow continues to support dance artists in their choreographic process through residency support at the Pillow Lab. Join artists and companies at virtual “Inside the Pillow Lab” showings for conversations and sharing that reflect the first time many artists are together making in the same space again. Online sharings will range from short films, chronicling of Pillow Lab artist experience, movement sharing & discussion, and more. Plus, as a College Partner, you’re invited to Conversations with Pillow Lab Artists, exclusively available to members of our College Partners and Jacob’s Pillow VIP members. Approximately 30 minutes in duration.
Brian Brooks/Moving Company | Oct 29
A.I.M by Kyle Abraham | Nov 12
Emily Johnson/Catalyst | Dec 3
Shamel Pitts/TRIBE | Dec 10
Visits to the Pillow
Curated Day at the Pillow visits tailored to artistic and academic interests pending national and state Health & Safety Guidelines in response to COVID-19 in 2021.
Access to Dance Education Laboratory (DEL) at Jacob’s Pillow
Get notified first about our upcoming DEL at Jacob’s Pillow professional development opportunities, now offered virtually.
DELving Mini-Workshop | Saturday, November 14, 10am-12:30pm EST | FREE
DELving into Dance History Weekend Workshops
- Re-imagining Early Modern Dance | October 31-November 1, 2:30-5:30pm EST | $99
- Common Ground – Exploring Choreographic Processes of Diverse Dance Artists | December 4 & 6, (Fri) 6-9pm (Sun) 2:30-5:30pm EST
Join Ann Biddle (Director of DEL at Jacob’s Pillow) and Felice Santorelli (DEL Facilitator) in this online workshop series highlighting the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive site. Re-envision dance history as embodied inquiry using the extensive video and multimedia resources of the Jacob’s Pillow Archives.
Learn more about DEL at Jacob’s Pillow and register here:
Priority notification of Pillow opportunities
- Jacob’s Pillow Intern and Administrative Fellowship Program positions
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow professional advancement programs
- Special workshops and classes year-round