Users Outside the United States
If you use our Website outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information, in the United States and elsewhere. The laws in the U.S. and these countries regarding personal information may be different than the laws of your state or country.
Massachusetts Privacy Rights
Jacob’s Pillow abides by 201 CMR 17.00: Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth, which requires certain steps to verify that third party vendors with access to personal information do not introduce risk to your personal information and requires limiting the amount of personal information collected. Learn more about your privacy rights.
- Information you choose to give us on our Website: your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and job application.
- Information we automatically collect: We collect information about your use of our Website, such as the pages you view and other interactions you have. This information includes device and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Website, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers.
Use of Information
We use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience using the Website.
- Correspondence and communications directly with you
- Mailings to you regarding events, Member privileges, and fundraising for Jacob’s Pillow
- Internal analysis, with your information held confidential
- Optimize or improve the Website and our operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website
- Occasionally lists of names and postal addresses are exchanged with similar arts nonprofits, in order to broaden awareness of the arts. Anyone who has requested Do Not Mail, Do Not Solicit, or Do Not Trade status is excluded from these exchanges.
The Pillow does not sell or rent mailing lists, and safeguards personal information as confidential. Internal office records of such information, correspondence, and conversations are kept only as necessary. The Pillow’s confidential information policies include industry-standard security and fraud prevention systems, and conform to Massachusetts State Privacy Laws. Electronic records are in a Secure Computer Network with encryption and strong password practices in place, and paper records are kept under lock and key.
Opting-Out of E-mail Communications
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from Jacob’s Pillow. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each e-mail. Please note that you may not opt-out of our ticket-related communications such as purchase verifications or pre-performance information.