Updated May 24, 2022
As Jacob’s Pillow plans toward Festival 2022, we want to assure our audiences, collaborators, and community members that we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment as we come together for our 90th Anniversary Season.
Everyone’s health and safety is deeply important to us. For that reason:
- All visitors at Jacob’s Pillow events in 2022 will be required as of April 1 to show a personal ID alongside proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a booster shot, if eligible (ages 5+) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the form of either a vaccination card, a photo of the card, or a digital vaccine record.
- All onsite audiences are required to wear a CDC-approved mask (ages 2+) during indoor events, regardless of vaccination status. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask.
Accepted vaccines: As of January 12 2022, the World Health Organization has evaluated that the following vaccines against COVID-19 have met the necessary criteria for safety and efficacy: AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine, Johnson and Johnson, Moderna, Pfizer/BionTech, Sinopharm, Sinovac, COVAXIN, Covovax, Nuvaxovid.
Jacob’s Pillow does not accept a negative COVID-19 test result as an alternative to full vaccination, except for individuals under the age of 5, and for those who need reasonable accommodations due to a medical exception or sincerely held religious belief.
Please stay at home if:
- You are sick, or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, including a fever, sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting.
- You have been in close contact over the past 14 days with someone who either has COVID-19 or is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results or have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official.
Due to COVID-19, Jacob’s Pillow has instituted more flexible refund and exchange policies for 2022. Please visit the Box Office Policies page to learn more.
Artists performing at Jacob’s Pillow are required to follow these guidelines as well. In addition, 100% of the Jacob’s Pillow staff is fully COVID vaccinated, and full vaccination is required as a condition of employment for all staff, interns, and fellows. Jacob’s Pillow has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of employees, interns, and guests.
Jacob’s Pillow also invests in medical staffing, COVID-19 testing, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), and implements protocols in consultation with medical professionals and in accordance with local laws and regulations. Hand sanitizer will be made readily available across the Jacob’s Pillow campus.
Before you visit Jacob’s Pillow, please refer back to this page and to Jacob’s Pillow email communications for the most up-to-date guidance and policies. If you have purchased tickets for someone else, we ask that you refer them to this Health & Safety page in advance of their visit. We will continue to assess our COVID policies and guidelines, as well as consistently monitor new developments, recommendations, and mandates from the CDC and Massachusetts state government.
Please reach out to us if you have questions about our developing COVID policies for 2022. You can reach us at email@example.com.