Updated February 2, 2023
At Jacob’s Pillow, we want to assure our audiences, collaborators, and community members that we are committed to creating a welcoming environment. Everyone’s health and safety is important to us.
The following policies apply to current Jacob’s Pillow on-site events this winter and spring. Additionally, they reflect our planned strategy for summer 2023 and the upcoming Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival. NOTE: Health and Safety policies listed below are subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic and government mandates evolve.
At this time:
- COVID-19 vaccination is recommended, but not required, for visitors to Jacob’s Pillow.
- Masking is strongly encouraged for all audience members (ages 2+) regardless of vaccination status while inside the Ted Shawn Theatre, in other enclosed spaces and indoor events, and where social distancing is not possible.
- Required masking or vaccination may be requested for specific events or areas on the Jacob’s Pillow campus, with advance notice as appropriate.
Before planning to visit our campus or attend one of our events, we ask that you please stay at home if:
- You are sick, or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, including a fever, sore throat, chills, cough, shortness of breath, congestion, nausea, or vomiting.
- You have been in close contact over the past 14 days with someone who either has COVID-19 or is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results or have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health care provider or public health official.
The staff at Jacob’s Pillow is fully COVID vaccinated. Jacob’s Pillow also invests in medical staffing, COVID-19 testing, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), and implements protocols in consultation with medical professionals and in accordance with local laws and regulations. Hand sanitizer will be made readily available across the Jacob’s Pillow campus.
Before you visit Jacob’s Pillow, please refer back to this page and to Jacob’s Pillow email communications for the most up-to-date guidance and policies. If you have purchased tickets for someone else, we ask that you refer them to this Health & Safety page in advance of their visit.
Please reach out to us if you have questions about our developing COVID policies for 2023. You can reach us at email@example.com.