Please be prepared to include the following documents and attachments when completing your online application form:
Each application requires the following:
1. One cover letter explaining
- why you wish to intern at Jacob’s Pillow
- your qualifications and interests for the position(s) indicated on Application Form
- your goals and expectations for the internship
Check our staff directory to address your cover letter appropriately. “To Whom It May Concern” is also acceptable.
3. Two references, work-related: names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses. Ideally these should be different from the person who wrote your letter of recommendation.
4. Support materials, if requested for specific positions, such as writing samples and portfolios. See Festival position descriptions for details.
5. One letter of recommendation, either uploaded to your online application (strongly preferred), or emailed directly to Jacob’s Pillow.
Instruct recommenders to please:
Attach their letter as a PDF. File names should be saved as such:
APPLICANTLASTNAME_APPLICANTFIRSTNAME_LetterofRecommedation (no spaces)
For example: SMITH_JAMIE_LetterofRecommendation
Format the email subject line with the applicant’s name:
LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME – Letter of Recommendation
For example: SMITH, JAMIE – Letter of Recommendation
Send their email to [email protected]
Criteria for acceptance are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, gender, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.