Jacob’s Pillow seeks an experienced, strategic arts marketing specialist to serve as Director of Marketing & Communications, reporting directly to the Deputy Director and working closely with the Director on:
- Work with the Director and Deputy Director to set institutional branding, outreach, marketing, and communication goals for Jacob’s Pillow as a whole, the international dance festival, The School at Jacob’s Pillow, community and audience engagement programs, dance archives and preservation efforts, and more.
- Set strategy and lead all efforts related to marketing, ticket sales, audience development, public relations, and interdepartmental and external communication.
- As a member of the senior management team, contribute to strategic planning and goal setting.
- Support the communication needs of The School at Jacob’s Pillow; the Development, Community Engagement, and Preservation departments; as well as General Management, HR, and Business teams, working collaboratively with department heads and key roles.
Strategy, Oversight & Department Management
- Set institutional voice and style, and ensure consistent implementation for all public-facing marketing and communication pieces including publications, press releases, email and digital marketing copy, fundraising appeals, and more.
- Set strategy and oversee website design, copy, and layout, managed by the Digital Content & Marketing Manager, and Graphic Designer.
- Oversee strategy, planning, and execution of all digital marketing efforts and initiatives, managed by the Digital Content & Marketing Manager, Social Media & Digital Content Coordinator, and Marketing Assistant.
- Includes social media, digital advertising, and email campaigns, as well as educational resources including Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive.
- Oversee Digital Content & Marketing Manager in their work with outside web contractors, including design company Barrel and accessibility audit.
- Work with the Public Relations & Communications Manager to set public relations/press strategy as they work to garner outstanding press coverage from a broad range of regional, national, international, and trade media outlets.
- Set strategy and create effective timelines for all design work and marketing publications, and oversee Graphic Designer as they execute and manage creative concept, design, printing, and distribution.
- Includes season brochure, festival events brochure, festival program book, School recruitment materials, target marketing pieces (festival, community, and membership), special event invitations, posters, and other institutional design pieces.
- Oversee PR & Communications Manager in project managing marketing publications.
- Work collaboratively with Patron Services Manager, Associate Producer, and Deputy Director to create ticket sales projections and set sales goals (for the Festival, totalling roughly $2.5 million in subscription, group, and single tickets).
- Create advertising and company-specific target marketing plans to meet sales goals.
- Create strategy to attract new, younger, and more diverse audiences to the Festival and year-round programs.
- Work with Community Engagement, Patrons Services, and Marketing staff to plan and execute audience development programs and efforts including Under 35, Pillow Pride, Community Day, Free Fun Friday, family friendly events, and more.
- Work with Festival Photographer, Videographers, and Social Media & Digital Marketing Coordinator to create compelling and strategic digital content.
- Manage a department of 5 year-round staff, and 9 seasonal interns.
- Recruit and hire staff and interns as necessary.
- Manage marketing expense budget.
- Advise on and help create collaborative partnerships with other Berkshire County arts cultural organizations. Work with 1Berkshire, Chambers of Commerce, MASSCreative, and other community, regional, and national organizations as appropriate.
- At least 5 years of arts marketing experience, with at least 3 years in an upper management position
- B.A. in marketing or commensurate abilities and professional experience
- Demonstrated success in audience development campaigns
- Experience leading and motivating successful teams
- A keen understanding of and proven success with digital marketing and social media strategies and campaigns
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with leadership staff to set institutional goals and branding standards
- Experience creating ticket sales projections and managing revenue maximization and pricing strategies
- Experience working with dance presenters or other dance organizations
Skills & Qualities
- A passion for and understanding of dance and its many forms
- A collaborative nature
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected], with “Director of Marketing & Communications” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.