Jacob’s Pillow seeks an Inside/Out Production Coordinator Apprentice to join the Production Department and report directly to the Director of Technical Production. The Inside/Out Production Coordinator Apprentice is expected to be able to function independently on projects under his or her direct supervision as well as maintain a safe and healthy work environment, and coordinate technical resources related to the production of festival performances and special events.
- Work with Inside/Out artists and companies to ensure the best sound reinforcement within budgetary limits
- Oversee configuration of the production space and audio system at the Marsha and Seymour Simon Performance Space
- Supervise any use of live music for the Inside/Out performance spaces.
- Assist in the oversight of the daily maintenance of a clean and safe environment for the Marsha and Seymour Simon Performance Space, studios and dressing rooms.
- Assist with the openings, changeovers and closings of all performance spaces, studios, exhibition spaces and temporary tents.
- Assist with workshops in Technical Production.
- Assist the Sound/Video Supervisor in setting and maintaining studio/performance audio and video systems.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of Community Day with the Director of Technical Production, Associate Producer, Company Management interns, and Community Engagement.
- Contacting artists’ production staff regarding specific needs; maintaining early and constant communication with the Director of Technical Production regarding coordination of Inside/Out artists’ requirements and festival resources.
- Maintain early and constant communication with the Director of Technical Production, Director of Education, Education Interns and Faculty regarding festival resources related to the school’s participation in the Inside/Out performance series and additional performances.
- Train production interns in their specific duties and offer advice and guidance in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Under the general direction of the Director of Technical Production, assist in emergency response for campus residents and patrons in case of emergency or extreme weather.
- Complete in-house Adult/Child CPR and First Aid Training (provided to all seasonal staff prior to Festival).
- Mentor and train Production interns in sound, stage management, and production coordination.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience including college degree in theatre or minimum of 4 years of related experience in stage management
- Familiarity with and knowledge of theatrical sound equipment
- Strong attention to detail and proactive monitoring of processes with excellent communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under a deadline, and work flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Vincent Vigilante, email@example.com, with “Inside/Out Production Coordinator Apprentice” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.
This is a seasonal, full-time position: May 4, 2020, through September 5, 2020
Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with a not-for-profit pay scale.