Wednesday, August 1 at 6:15PM
Working in the disciplines of art, design, architecture, and social justice, Kinetic Light creates, performs, and teaches at the intersections of disability, dance, and race. They present the work Under Momentum, which celebrates the joy of being in continuous motion, the allure of speed, and the beautiful futility of resisting gravity. Performed on and around a set of exquisitely engineered ramps, this program of solos and duets ranges through explorations of balance, stillness, and falls as Kinetic Light’s disabled dancers release into the forces of acceleration, gravity, and torque. Dynamic grace and athleticism are on full display in these works. Extraordinary partnering facilitated by the dynamic combination of slopes and wheels reveal the power of trust and the emotionally compelling relationships of bodies and technology.
FREE FAMILY-FRIENDLY OUTDOOR CONTEMPORARY
As a leader in the dance and disability arts fields, Kinetic Light works with presenting partners to build new audiences for dance and establish an audience engagement goal of at least 20% disabled attendees. The Pillow is embracing this approach by providing:
- Enhanced accessibility along main pathways and around the Inside/Out performance space.
- An American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter present for Kinetic Light’s welcome remarks and Post-Show Talk.
- Accessible public restrooms are located on the Pillow grounds.
- Golf cart transportation between the parking lots and grounds before and after performances.
- Transcripts available for selected Pre-Show Talks.
- Braille maps of the grounds available upon request.
Jacob’s Pillow is committed to providing an enjoyable visitor experience for all patrons. If you have a need that is not addressed above, please call 413.243.0745 to make a request.
Oh no! You missed this one! Check our calendar for future events.
Inside/Out: Kinetic Light
At Jacob’s Pillow: Aug 1