Open the accordions below to learn more.
- Personalized virtual reference assistance with Archives staff.
- Jacob’s Pillow’s virtual resources can support curriculum and research, providing connections across the lens of dance scholarship. Many resources are free to explore and access.
- Online Archives – An extensive online collection of photographs and festival programs in addition to digital exhibitions that chronicle the history of Jacob’s Pillow including including Ted Shawn, the Denishawn Company, and a wide array of Festival artists through our near-century long tenure.
- Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive online catalogue – An ever-growing collection of excerpted dance videos filmed at Jacob’s Pillow from the 1930s to
today, including specially curated playlists linking themes and genres.
- Themes & Essays – A deep dive into the Jacob’s Pillow Archives through a variety of web-exclusive essays divided into distinct themes. Written by scholars, Themes & Essays share insights along with extended video clips, archival photographs, programs, and more.
- PillowVoices podcast – A monthly podcast that exemplifies Jacob’s Pillow’s mission to ‘support dance creation, presentation, education, and preservation; and to engage and deepen public appreciation and support for dance’ by utilizing archival recordings brought to life in the personal stories and narration of current thought-leaders and scholars.
- Jacob’s Pillow YouTube channel – Includes post-show talks with Festival Artists and Pillow Scholars, performance clips, and more.
- Free access to our year-round digital stream series, featuring performances from the 2021 and 2022 seasons.
- Enjoy an ever-growing collection of full-length dance videos from the Jacob’s Pillow Archives.
- Our streaming platforms were created by Jacob’s Pillow especially for Colleges and Universities to provide unprecedented online access to selected full-length videos previously only accessible at the Jacob’s Pillow Archives. Watch recent performances by top national and international dance companies working in a range of movement styles including ballet, contemporary, tap, and traditional forms; in-depth interviews with artists and experts in the dance field; guest artist classes from The School at Jacob’s Pillow; historic films of Denishawn Dance Company and Ted Shawn’s Men Dancers; and more.
The Pillow continues to support dance artists in their choreographic process through residency support at the Pillow Lab. Join artists and companies at “Inside the Pillow Lab” showings for intimate conversations. Additional online sharings will range from short films, chronicling Pillow Lab artist experience, movement, discussion, and more. Plus, as a College Partner, you’re invited to Conversations with Pillow Lab Artists, exclusively available to members of our College Partners and Jacob’s Pillow VIP members. All showings happen at 2pm and are approximately 30 minutes to an hour in duration.
- Get notified first about our upcoming DEL at Jacob’s Pillow professional development opportunities, now offered virtually. Fees to participate in virtual DEL programs are waived for College Partners.
- Join Ann Biddle (Director of DEL at Jacob’s Pillow) and Felice Santorelli (DEL Facilitator) in this online workshop series highlighting the Jacob’s Pillow Dance Interactive site. Re-envision dance history as embodied inquiry using the extensive video and multimedia resources of the Jacob’s Pillow Archives.
- 360 Workshops provide pre-professional and early career dancers, plus career-aspiring dancers ages 14+, an opportunity to learn from acclaimed dancers, teachers, and choreographers.
- Led by Artist Faculty and School Alumni, Jacob’s Pillow 360 Workshops include a class of diverse movement approaches and a dialogue session for dancers to ask questions and hear personal Pillow experiences from alumni and faculty.
- Held in person throughout the country, with virtual opportunities, they are designed to inspire and connect dancers to the Pillow’s network of established artists in the field.
- Curated Day at the Pillow visits tailored to artistic and academic interests. Visits can include a movement class, tour, time in the Archives, and more.
- Discounts to select performances at Jacob’s Pillow’s annual summer dance festival.
- Annual College Partner Convening, a gathering held each fall to network and discuss current issues in the field.
- Save the date for the 2022 Convening on Saturday, October 22 from 10am-2pm
- Visibility on the Jacob’s Pillow website with a link to your institution.
- College Partnership Program Faculty Research Fellowship
- Jacob’s Pillow Intern and Administrative Fellowship Program positions
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow professional advancement programs
- Special workshops and classes year-round