Application, deadlines, and notification
Applications are due by May 3, 2021 and accepted on a rolling basis thereafter. To apply, please submit a complete application, which includes:
- Application form and essay questions
- Resume (Can include education, dance study, awards, and other achievements. 2 MB/3 pages maximum.)
- Choreographic Sample URL or Video File (Please provide a sample of your choreography or creative practice. No longer than 3-minutes.)
- Choreographic Sample Description (What is important for us to know about this sample of your work? 150 words maximum.)
In these times, health concerns are manifesting in ways previously unprecedented. Acceptance into the Institute expects that participants will fully attend the entirety of synchronous and asynchronous sessions. However, if your health or the health of your family is impacted by COVID-19 and prevents your participation, we will work with you to complete the Institute as fully as possible.
A stable internet connection that supports streaming and interactive platforms (such as Zoom and Vimeo) is essential for virtual, online learning and community building.
Program Fee & Financial Assistance
We recognize the financial difficulties and uncertainties of this time. In order to support artist participation, we have greatly reduced the 2021-2022 tuition cost, and the faculty are also helping to subsidize the cost.
The Curriculum in Motion® Institute tuition fee is $2000. The payment schedule is:
- $300 upon program acceptance
- $700 by July 9, 2021
- $500 by September 10, 2021
- $500 by November 12, 2021
Alternate payment plans can be arranged in consultation with Pillow staff.
If you should still need financial assistance to cover tuition, we recommend looking into external resources. These may include artist relief funds in your area, professional development support from your school or institution, and personal fundraising campaigns like Gofundme. We will be happy to provide letters of support and other materials. For questions about the application process, scholarship opportunities, or if you are unable to complete the form online, contact Director of Community Engagement Thasia Giles at [email protected].
If you request to cancel your participation in the Institute prior to the program start date (August 8), and have completed either of the first two payment installments of the program, please refer to the refund policy dates below: (See the Program Fees section above for payment deadlines)
- 100% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received a month prior to program start date (Before or by July 11, 2021 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 75% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received three weeks prior to program start date (July 12-July 18, 2021 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 50% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received two weeks prior to program start date (July 19-July 25, 2021 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 25% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received one week prior to the program start date (July 26-August 1, 2021 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- No refund of the first two payments if withdrawal notification is received on the week of the program start date and thereafter (August 2-8, 2021)
Any additional installments completed within this refund timeframe will be fully refunded and added to your initial refund (as established above following notice date.)
Further refund considerations within the year-round program need to be discussed with Thasia Giles at [email protected].
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Click above to apply for the 2021-2022 Curriculum in Motion® Institute.
Meet the Artists and Engage
WATCH WEBINAR RECORDING
Friday, April 16 | 2PM EST
Curious to know more about the year-long, online institute for choreographers and dance-makers? Join Artist Faculty Celeste Miller, Kimberli Boyd, and Michael Richter in a 45-minute webinar and Q&A about this program, including a little taste of the kind of activities that we will explore together in the Institute.
RSVP FOR ARTIST TALK
Saturday, May 15 | 2PM EST
Join us for a robust conversation with Curriculum in Motion® Founding Artists on how they approach choreography, artistic practice and community-based work through the Principles of Jacob’s Pillow Curriculum in Motion®. Hear stories of transformational experiences, musings, and how the work evolves in daily practice. Bring your curiosity and your questions. Open to all!
Questions? Contact Thasia Giles, Director of Community Engagement, at [email protected].