Application, deadlines, and notification
Applications are due by June 22, 2022 and accepted on a rolling basis thereafter. To apply, please submit a complete application, which includes:
- Application form and essay questions
- Resume (Can include education, dance study, awards, and other achievements. 2 MB/3 pages maximum.)
- Choreographic Sample URL or Video File (Please provide a sample of your choreography or creative practice. No longer than 3-minutes.)
- Choreographic Sample Description (What is important for us to know about this sample of your work? 150 words maximum.)
In these times, health concerns are manifesting in ways previously unprecedented. Acceptance into the Institute expects that participants will fully attend the entirety of synchronous and asynchronous sessions. However, if your health or the health of your family is impacted by COVID-19 and prevents your participation, we will work with you to complete the Institute as fully as possible.
A stable internet connection that supports streaming and interactive platforms (such as Zoom and Vimeo) is essential for virtual, online learning and community building.
Program Fee & Financial Assistance
We recognize the financial difficulties and uncertainties of this time. Jacob’s Pillow and Institute faculty have partially subsidized the 2022-23 fees in an effort to keep tuition costs manageable. Limited scholarship funds provided by Jacob’s Pillow are available; please contact Director of Community Engagement Thasia Giles for details. To support your attendance, we also recommend looking into external sources for financial assistance. These may include artist relief funds in your area, professional development support from your school or institution, and personal fundraising campaigns like Gofundme. We will be happy to provide letters of support and other materials.
For questions about the application process, scholarship opportunities, or if you are unable to complete the form online, contact Director of Community Engagement Thasia Giles at email@example.com.
The Curriculum in Motion® Institute tuition fee is $2,200. The payment schedule is:
- $300 upon program acceptance
- $800 by August 26, 2022
- $600 by September 23, 2022
- $500 by December 9, 2022
Alternate payment plans can be arranged in consultation with Pillow staff.
If you request to cancel your participation in the Institute prior to the program start date (October 14), and have completed either of the first two payment installments of the program, please refer to the refund policy dates below: (See the Program Fees section above for information on all payment deadlines)
- 100% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received a month prior to program start date (Before or by September 16, 2022 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 75% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received three weeks prior to program start date (September 18-24, 2022 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 50% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received two weeks prior to program start date (September 25-October 1, 2022 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- 25% refund of first two payments if withdrawal notification is received one week prior to the program start date (October 2-October 9, 2022 @ 11:59pm Eastern)
- No refund of the first two payments if withdrawal notification is received on the week of the program start date and thereafter (October 10-14, 2022)
Any additional installments completed within this refund timeframe will be fully refunded and added to your initial refund (as established above following notice date).
Further refund considerations within the year-round program need to be discussed with Thasia Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Click above to apply for the 2022-2023 Curriculum in Motion® Institute.
June 22: Application deadline (Applications accepted on a rolling basis thereafter)
July 29: Application status notification
Meet the Artists and Engage
RSVP FOR Q&A
Thursday, June 2 | 7PM EST
Curious to know more about the year-long, online institute for choreographers and dance-makers? Join Artist Faculty Celeste Miller, Kimberli Boyd, and Michael Richter in a 45-minute Q&A about this program, including a little taste of the kind of activities that we will explore together in the Institute.
Questions? Contact Thasia Giles, Director of Community Engagement, at email@example.com.