Henry J. Leir Stage
The Henry J. Leir is an uncovered, outdoor theater space. Seating is on wooden benches with simple seatbacks, with the option to bring or purchase a seat cushion. Beloved by Pillow fans for decades, it has housed the free Inside/Out Performance Series in recent years.
In the event of inclement weather, performances in this space will be cancelled and ticket buyers will be able to get a full refund or donate the cost of their tickets.
Our 220-acre campus often transforms to be a stage for performance. In site-specific presentations created on and around our site, artists perform work that brings us into dialogue with the magnificence of the Pillow’s site.
Ted Shawn Theatre
Built in 1942 as the first theater in America designed specifically for dance, The Ted Shawn Theatre is the heart of the Pillow campus. As of April 2021, The Ted Shawn Theatre is under renovation! Read more about the future of the Shawn.
Some seating may be partially obstructed due to staging, lighting, special effects, musical accompaniment, or other adjustments to the theatre and/or the work being presented. In most cases, the Box Office will be made aware and this information will be presented to the patron prior to sale.
While in our performance spaces, please refrain from behavior that could disturb other patrons and performers during the performance. We ask that you:
- Refrain from consuming food or beverages in performance spaces.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Do not photograph or video record performances.
- Keep your e-ticket with you at all times.
- Let a staff member know if you need help; there is an EMT available onsite during performance times.
- Observe that only official service dogs are permitted in the theaters. All dogs must be leashed on the Pillow grounds at all times.
- Be aware that late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Performances start promptly at their assigned times. Check tickets carefully for curtain times. Seat assignments cannot be guaranteed past curtain.
- Stay in compliance with our COVID-19 Courtesy Agreement throughout the entirety of your visit to Jacob’s Pillow
We thank you for observing these House Rules so that everyone can have an enjoyable experience.
Email: [email protected]