Application Details: Art of Photographing Dance
We hope the Art of Photographing Dance program can return in 2021; there will not be an online version of this program.
DEADLINES & FEES
2020 Application Deadlines & Notifications
February 14 at Noon EST Early Application Deadline | $30 processing fee
March 13 at 11:59pm EDT Extended Regular Deadline | $45 processing fee
All dancers who applied will receive a special email from The Director of The School at Jacob’s Pillow; thank you for your patience as we develop this email.
Program Tuition Fee | $1,800
The program tuition fee includes tuition, onsite model shoots, free admission to Festival performances and events, and meals in resident dining hall during posted hours. Participants must arrange for own off-site housing; options provided with acceptance notification.
Be prepared to upload the following materials into the Program Application:
1. Portfolio Sample
- After you upload each URL link and password, test them. If they fail to open, your application cannot be reviewed.
- Link(s) should remain accessible until the program start date if waitlisted, so you can be re-considered for acceptance
A. Select 4 diverse images that demonstrate your ability to capture movement
2. Written Statement
In 200 words or less, please share:
- Why you selected the 4 images in your portfolio sample
- How you envision this program impacting your photographic practice and future work
3. Photo or Headshot
4. Résumé/C.V. or Bio
5. If 17 or younger, a Letter of Recommendation and a Reference are required
Please request a letter from one current teacher, describing
- Stamina to participate in rigorous, ten plus hour day of classes, photo shoots, discussions, attending performances, and having evening responsibilities
- Ability to live and interact responsibly as a professional in a diverse artist community
Upload into Program Application when requested or mail to School Director, The School at Jacob’s Pillow, 358 George Carter Rd, Becket, MA 01223
- Please acquire name, title, phone, and email from a second teacher who can speak about your work.