- Master Classes Series
- Geared for advanced-level high school and college-aged dancers
- Open to dancers age 15 and up
- School Performance Ensembles on the Jacob’s Pillow campus
- 16 years of age required by arrival day for on campus Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary, Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion, and Musical Theatre programs
- Participation in any School event requires receipt of a legally signed Liability Waiver, located within the application and registration forms
The School’s programs, onsite and virtual, are designed for socially mature, technically advanced dancers who are focused on a professional career.
- Dancers need to be physically fit for the rigor and intensity required in classes, rehearsals, and performances. This includes having the stamina to be fully active for at least eight hours per day for onsite programs and at least 5 hours per day for online programs.
- If you are recovering from a recent injury or surgery, you need to recover fully and postpone your participation to a later time. We sincerely want you dancing for the long-term, not the short-term, and lack the facilities and resources for comprehensive recovery and rehabilitation care.
The well-being of everyone who lives, works, and visits Jacob’s Pillow is important.
- As of this writing, Jacob’s Pillow planning onsite programming and participation. Monitoring procedures and regulations with regards to COVID-19 is ongoing, in consultation with a team of medical advisors.
- All on campus residents, workers, and visitors will be subject to applicable international, federal, and Massachusetts COVID-19 requirements, as well as campus protocols established by Jacob’s Pillow. This could impact an individual’s travel plans and/or participation, in addition to an entire group’s onsite interactions.
- Performance Ensemble dancers must complete a confidential medical history form, which includes immunization records, and note any conditions that could interfere with full program participation.
Dancers participating in virtual Master Classes should be able to meet the following technology and space requirements:
- 1) have access to a stable and reliable internet connection with enough bandwidth to be online for the duration of the event
- 2) have at least one device with a video recording camera (smartphone, tablet, or computer); and
- 3) have enough space to execute at least a kick/grand battement to the front, back and both sides.
- Artist Faculty and Programming are subject to change. Jacob’s Pillow will make every effort to post updates on this website and notify dancers in advance.
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students and encourages and supports diversity in all programs.
- Jacob’s Pillow is committed to offering a safe, caring, sharing, collaborative environment where artistic growth is possible for all.
Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards are available to make your participation possible; apply within the Program Application. Learn more here.
If you have questions or need additional information, we are happy to help. Please email us at [email protected].
Explore our online Archive resource, Dance Interactive, to experience an invaluable tool able to support your growth as an artist.
2022 Programs | At other Venues & Virtual
Master Class Series