For Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre & Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion
- Tuition fees of $800 per week for on campus programs represent a fraction of the actual costs for tuition, room and board, access to the Jacob’s Pillow Archives, and admission to Festival performances, talks, and special events.
- On-campus tuition fees include tuition, room and board, admission to Pillow performances, talks, special events, and access to the Jacob’s Pillow Archives.
Fees & Refunds
Program Tuition Fee of $800/week:
- $1,600 for Contemporary Ballet & Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion
- $2,400 for Contemporary & Musical Theatre
- Scholarships are available to support tuition fees.
- Fee balances must be paid in full three weeks prior to program start date
Service Fee of $250, payable on acceptance, non-refundable
- Partial refunds are only granted for medical conditions and require a physician’s note for: 80% if withdrawal notification is received by three weeks prior to arrival; 60% by one week prior to arrival; 30% by the third program day; and none possible thereafter.
Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards
For On-Campus Programs: Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre & Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion
- The School at Jacob’s Pillow is committed to awarding Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards to accepted dancers with demonstrated financial need to make their attendance possible. To help as many dancers as possible in 2022, most Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards will be partial awards.
- Applications are reviewed need blind; which means that requesting a scholarship in no way impacts your acceptance determination.
- Submitting the Scholarship Application, at the same time that you submit your Program Application, is important because acceptance notifications include your scholarship amount determination.
- All dancers, international and U.S., are eligible to apply for scholarships.
Named Scholarship Awards
Named Scholarship Awards, described below, are assigned to dancers with complete and compelling applications who meet the criteria outlined for the award.
The Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence
One dancer accepted to attend either the Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theatre, & Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion will receive the 2022 Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence Award. The award provides material support and career encouragement in the form of a $2,500 cash gift, plus a tuition reimbursement. Established in 2004 by former Pillow board member Lorna Strassler and her husband, recipients must be able to demonstrate performance excellence and exemplary dedication to the field.
To be considered, submit your best application. Once all 2022 programs end, eligible candidates are determined by a separate review process. Awardees are notified by The School’s Director and presentation of the award is announced the following year.
“It’s our hope that this award will make a difference in the lives of those who receive it.” — Lorna Strassler
The Marcia Simon Kaplan Scholarship
One full scholarship to attend the Contemporary Program will be awarded to a current New World School of the Arts student. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the final application review process.
The American Dance Guild / Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship
One full scholarship will be awarded to a dancer accepted to the Dance Theatre: Afro-Latin Immersion program. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the application review process. American Dance Guild membership required; americandanceguild.org.
Choreography Fellow applicants
Program fees and financial assistance are located in
Choreography Fellows Application Details.
If you have questions or need additional information, we are happy to help. Please email us at [email protected].
Explore our online Archive resource, Dance Interactive, to experience an invaluable tool able to support your growth as an artist.
2022 Programs | At other Venues & Virtual
Master Class Series