Choreography Fellow applicants
Program fees and financial assistance are located in
Choreography Fellows Application Details.
For Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary & Tap
- Tuition fees of $750 per week represents a fraction of the actual cost for tuition and services. Jacob’s Pillow can only charge this nominal amount due to our generous School Sponsors and supporters. They believe in the artistic development of you – the future of dance; and as a result, every dancer benefits from the substantial underwriting provided to help cover true program costs. In return, we ask dancers to be an exemplary member of the Pillow community and join us in letting these champions of The School know the impact and meaning of their support.
- Tuition fees, whether onsite or online, include tuition, admission to Pillow performances and events, and access to the Jacob’s Pillow Archives during the programs.
- Onsite dancers receive room and board, COVID tests, and ground transportation from Lee, MA to Jacob’s Pillow in Becket, MA.
Fees & Refunds
2021 Performance Ensembles – Ballet, Contemporary & Tap
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarship is provided; dancers will be responsible for $250 services fee payable on acceptance.
2021 Virtual Programs – Ballet, Contemporary & Tap
- $1,500 Tuition Fee, payable in full no later than three weeks from invoice date
- Scholarships are available; scholarship applications are found within the the Program Applications and need to be submitted with the Program Application
- Partial refunds are granted for medical conditions only and require a physician’s note for: 80% if withdrawal notification is received by three weeks prior to arrival; 60% by one week prior to arrival; 30% by the third program day; and none possible thereafter.
Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards
For Ballet, Contemporary & Tap Scholarships:
- Each year up to 80% of accepted dancers receive a Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Award to make their attendance possible; thanks to the generosity of School Sponsors and supporters.
- To help as many online dancers as possible in 2021, most Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship Awards will be partial awards.
- Requesting a scholarship in no way impacts acceptance determinations as program directors review applications need blind. Scholarship applications are confidentially reviewed by Pillow Staff only once acceptance is determined.
- There are a few Named Scholarship Awards; see below. Dancers who meet the criteria outlined for the award will be considered provided they have a complete and compelling application.
- International and U.S. dancers are eligible to apply for scholarships.
Named Scholarship Awards
The Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence
One dancer accepted to attend either the Contemporary Ballet, Contemporary, or Tap Dance program will receive the 2021 Lorna Strassler Award for Student Excellence Award. The award provides material support and career encouragement in the form of a full program scholarship, plus a $2,500 cash gift. Established in 2004 by former Pillow board member Lorna Strassler and her husband, recipients must be able to demonstrate performance excellence and exemplary dedication to the field. Learn about our previous awardees.
To be considered, submit your best application. After all dancers are selected for 2021, eligible candidates are determined by a separate review process and the recipient is notified by The School’s Director in June.
“It’s our hope that this award will make a difference in the lives of those who receive it.” — Lorna Strassler
The Marcia Simon Kaplan Scholarship
One full scholarship to attend the Contemporary Program will be awarded to a current New World School of the Arts student. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the final application review process.
The American Dance Guild / Jacob’s Pillow Scholarship
One full scholarship will be awarded to a dancer accepted to the Tap Dance program. Jacob’s Pillow will consider all eligible applicants for this award during the application review process. American Dance Guild membership required; americandanceguild.org.