This event took place on July 3, July 24, and August 14, 2021. Scroll for bonus content.
Free performances by The School at Jacob’s Pillow Performance Ensemble provided an inside look at The School experience and feature repertoire created on the dancers by leading choreographers who serve as program faculty. These performances from the Performance Ensembles in the genres of Contemporary Ballet (July 3), Contemporary (July 24), and Tap Dance (August 14) were held at the culmination of each 2 week program. Program Directors of the Contemporary Ballet Program were Annabelle Lopez Ochoa and Luis R. Torres; Program Directors of the Contemporary Program were Milton Myers and Helen Pickett; and Program Directors of the Tap Dance Program were Michelle Dorrance, Derick K. Grant, and Dormeshia.
Dancers of The School at Jacob’s Pillow are apprentices, trainees, pre-professionals, and early-career professionals from around the world. Two-week long Professional Advancement Programs during Festival 2021 are on-site and online, and are designed to nurture the artistic growth of the next generation of dance artists.
- Read more about Contemporary Ballet dancers both onsite and online.
- Watch an excerpt of rehearsal with Annabelle Lopez Ochoa.
- Watch an Instagram Live conversation between Contemporary Ballet alum Lucia Betelu and Tap Dancer alum Adriana Ogle.
- Read more about celebrating Milton Myers’ 35 years with The School at Jacob’s Pillow.
- Watch an excerpt of class with Milton Myers.
- Watch an Instagram Live conversation between onsite dancer Aliyah Clay and online dancer Blu Furutate.
Oh no! You missed this one! Check our calendar for future events.
The School at Jacob’s Pillow Performance Ensemble
At outdoor Henry J. Leir Stage: Jul 3 - Aug 14